[32] 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐭

He's not perfect, but he's all I want.

ARABELLA

ARABELLA

My eyes scanned through what seemed like an endless amount of wooden bookshelves that were branded "Romance novels". Nothing, in particular, caught my eye, probably due to the 6'4 baby (also known as my oh so manly boyfriend) who kept trying to distract me by tugging at my new cherry imprinted skirt and cardigan. He even twirled and messed with my pinkish hair and cherry earrings that dangled way below my ear. They're quite uncomfortable but at least they look cute and Kade likes them. The whole of my outfit was courtesy of my previous shopping trip that I must admit, I went overboard with and realised I'd probably spent way too much money and made a big dent in my bank account. Avery assumed it was Kade's money I was spending- something about him being my 'sugar daddy'. I don't even know what that is, but it gives me Santa energy.

It's 2 days later, and I was currently in a fairly new bookstore that I think opened not long ago and I'd not yet had a chance to check it out

It's 2 days later, and I was currently in a fairly new bookstore that I think opened not long ago and I'd not yet had a chance to check it out. It had a very vintage vibe and if it wasn't obvious already, I was a sucker for vintage stuff/places. I'd started to regret bringing Kade. Every opportunity he saw to touch me, he took without a thought. It wasn't annoying per se, but I really wanted a new few books and he wasn't helping me in my mission to find such items.

"Kadey stop!" I whined after he started trailing his finger up my thigh, causing a fluttering in my lower belly. If we weren't in such a private yet public place, I would have scolded him before dragging his muscular body to bed. For cuddles of course pshhh.

Just as Kade opened his mouth to most likely protest, I saw a hippy-like couple in their mid 30's giving us -more specifically me- a nasty look and muttering to one another beneath their breaths. Huh? What did I do?

Kade must have seen where I was looking because the next thing I know, he was marching up to them with a deadly look enough to scare anyone. They, however, deepened their disgusted frowns and narrowed their eyes at him. How dare they?