30 ~ Frenemies

Yasmine's party was a couple days away and I could tell Demetri wasn't super enthusiastic about being near again, but I knew we'd all be there to have a good time with him and we could turn it into a super fun night.

All afternoon, we've been at Miyagi-Do working our asses off while Johnny and Daniel bickered in the background like usual. We were training in small groups to get some of the techniques down and spar with each other and I was partnered up with Nate and Sam. Nate and I were joking around every once in a while, but Sam just kept rolling her eyes trying to ignore us.

"Is that all you got four eyes?"

"Oh shut up dipwad."

"Can you guys just grow up already?" Sam said, ruining the mood.

"What's the matter princess? Can't you learn to have a little fun?"

"Can you stop calling me that already it's getting old."

"Well maybe if you stop acting like a spoiled brat I wouldn't have to."

"Alright that's it," Sam said lunging at me, but Miguel immediately noticed the commotion and ran over to stop her. Daniel quickly followed.

"HEY! HEY! HEY! Everybody just calm down! Now what's going on?!"

"It's fine dad, he was just being a douche, nothing new," Sam said, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

"Sam you can't just attack people like that, that's not what we teach here you know that."

"Sensei I-" I said before being cut off by Daniel.

"Oh you- you don't even start I'll talk with you in a minute," Daniel said and I stepped back not wanting to cause anymore problems.

Then Johnny walked over grabbing both me and Sam's arms and walked into the middle of the dojo with everyone staring at him.

"You see this! This is not what teamwork looks like! We have to work together and get along if we want any hope in winning the All Valley!"

"YES SENSEI," all the ex Eagle-Fang and Cobra Kai's shouted while the ex Miyagi-Do's gave us weird looks.

"You have to keep pushing forward to strive for greatness! What happens when you don't push forward Diaz?"

"You get stuck like cement!"

"That's right! Now stop being a bunch of pussies, and try to get along!"

"YES SENSEI," we shouted one more time before heading back to our previous spots.

"Is that how he usually is? Back at Cobra Kai?" Sam asked me, still looking a little frightened after Johnny screamed at us. I laughed a little at how much he genuinely scared her.

"He's normally a lot worse, but I think your dad is getting him to dial it down a little," I say laughing even more.

"Worse than that?"

"You don't even know half of it Larusso. He messed me up so much it gave me the motivation to flip the script in the first place," Sam looked shocked that I was actually opening up to her and frankly I was pretty shocked I was as well.

"I never knew that," she said quietly, almost just to herself.

"It's not like you ever cared to ask."

"What do you think about a um..." she stuck her hand out in front of her reaching for mine.

"Truce?"

"Ya know princess if you tell anyone about this I'll just deny it," I said gripping her hand and shaking it.

[ Sam's POV ]