2 ~ Bad Blood

We walked side by side in silence for a little while until I decided to Speak up. Gotta strike first, I thought.

"So, listen I think we need to-"

"Enough Hawk. I already said I forgive you. There's nothing else to talk about."

I shivered when Demetri said my name like that. As much as I despised being called... the other one, the tone in Dem's voice made this one almost sound worse. Like he was cursing at me as he pronounced every letter. Stupid, stop overthinking god. It's just a name. He said he forgives you, you should believe him.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't help, but notice the way he looked at me. Before it gave me such a feeling of warmth and protection. Like, he wouldn't even let a fly touch me. But now, his eyes were cold. There was still care and concern underneath, but I pushed him so far away that it was buried. Deep.

"OW" I squealed.

I had been so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice there was a tree right in front of me. I rubbed my forehead and saw a trickle of blood smeared across my hand. Great. I looked over to Demetri who had a look of concern on his face, but quickly brushed it off.

"Wow, and people say I'm the clumsy one" He snarled.

I clenched my fist in reaction to the mocking words, but then tried to compose myself. This is exactly what made things so bad to begin with. I let out a small laugh trying to ease the tension and walked away from the path with the tree standing next to Demetri again.

"Oh hey Demetri!"

I turned around and saw Sam walking up to us with a huge smile on her face.

"Shouldn't you be at Miyagi-Do?" I was confused as to why she had come from the other direction.

She looked at me, rolled her eyes, and then looked back at Demetri. Alright. I guess I deserve that.

"Are you headed there now?" She said only to Demetri.

"Yeah actually, we are."

"Awesome! Demetri I have something I want to show you back at the dojo, would you mind if it was just you?"

Demetri looked over at me and I could feel the guilt radiating off of him, but then he looked away.

"Yeah sure, we weren't talking anyway. Meet us there?" Demetri said, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, whatever."

Sam grabbed Dem's hand and started running in the direction of Miyagi-Do. I never liked Larusso, but I knew I would have to make peace with everyone in order to win back my friends, even if it was someone as annoying as her.

Miguel🥵

Miguel: Hey dude! Eagle Fang is gonna meet up to walk into Miyagi-Do together! You in?

Hawk: yeah sure man, where

Miguel: The park where we train, be there in 10!

Crap. I was so much closer to the Miyagi-Do dojo than I was to the park. God I hate Sam, I would've already been there if it wasn't for her.

"This is BULLSHIT" I yelled, punching the nearest tree to my person. Now two trees in this neighborhood had my blood on them. Awesome. I shook off my hand and took a deep breath as I started running in the complete opposite direction to meet Miguel and the other members of Eagle Fang.