23 ~ We're Screwed

[ Demetri's POV ]

I had left Yasmine a couple of messages, but after everything that happened I assumed she blocked me. I had no desire to get back with her or even be on good terms, but I knew what I did was stupid and there was no reason to embarass her like that in front of everyone even if what she did was worse.

As I was checking my phone though I got a message that made my heart start racing like crazy.

Hawk: Dem I think we need to talk. Meet me at Golf N' Stuff. Now.

My everything was sweating and I almost felt like I was gonna pass out. Once I snapped back into reality I bolted out of my house and drove to Golf N' Stuff. I pulled into a spot right by the entrance and saw Hawk pacing on his phone.

I stepped out of my car almost dropping my keys because of how fast I was going and ran over to where Hawk was.

"Yo dude are you alright?"

He jumped a little as I spoke, probably startled by me coming out of nowhere.

Instead of responding, he grabbed my arm and dragged me behind him until we were in a spot with no one around.

"Did I do something that I'm not aware of or?"

"Demetri, you're gonna shut your mouth and listen to me for once in your damn life."

I was shocked by his sudden outburst, but complied not wanting to make the situation worse.

"5 years ago. I was freaking out about some dumb shit I don't even remember, but to get me to shut up, you kissed me, you kissed me and-"

"I thought we weren't gonna talk about that ever aga-" Hawk put his hand over my mouth and all I could see in his eyes was pure rage. Even though he was talking about a memory from when he was Eli, there wasn't even a hint of Eli in him now, and that terrified me.

"JUST SHUT UP!" he screamed, causing me to flinch.

He took his hand down from my mouth and took a deep breath.

"You kissed me and then you forced me to pretend it didn't happen. Pretend like it didn't just change the entire dynamic of our relationship. Do you know how hard that was? I was confused and alone and I didn't even have you to go to for support because you made me promise to just forget it ever happened!"

I could see the pain in his eyes. I didn't want to upset him by talking again, but he was silent for about a minute after so I took that as my queue.

"I'm sorry," was all I could get out.

He didn't respond.

"I didn't- I didn't know it affected you that much. You could've talked to me or someone or I don't know... I don't know... I'm just... sorry."

He rubbed the back of his head with his hand and the other was clenched into a fist at his side.

"Did you even think about it again? Ever?"

"Oh yeah of course, after a while though I just ignored it. I didn't want to make things harder for you so I just thought pretending it never happened was the best solution."

"You never even asked me. You never even considered that maybe, just maybe I would need to talk to you to figure things out."

"I was 12! I had just kissed my best friend and I didn't know what the hell I was doing! It was a mistake and I didn't want anything to change between us because you were the only friend I had! I thought you were gonna hate me."

[ Hawk's POV ]

A mistake.

There's that word I hated so much.