3 ~ Miyagi-Fang

We all arrived at Miyagi-Do and I was petrified. I was about to walk into a room (or I guess backyard) full of people who hated me. I couldn't show it though. I stood behind Miguel with my head held high and a stone cold look across my face.

Miguel walked in first and everyone had their eyes directly on him. I got nervous and my pride faded away as I looked around at all the people who once wanted me dead. I followed Miguel and immediately spotted Demetri. I looked at the ground and slowly walked over to him. He seemed sorry for what had happened earlier and pulled me in for a bro hug. I slightly smiled and stood next to him watching all of the other former best friends reconnect. It felt good, but I didn't want to get too comfortable because you never know what could happen.

I was regaining some confidence and heard Johnny shout "LET'S BEGIN" and I internally jumped a little bit. I would never get used to his sudden booming voice. We had a long lesson, Johnny and Daniel argued for most of it, but we could see they were really trying to get along for our benefit. Demetri and I had stayed silent the whole time focused on the lesson and combining both sides of karate. It was so different from what I was used to that I really had to focus to get it down. I could no longer just sucker punch someone when they pissed me off and that was probably the worst of it.

[ Demetri's POV ]

I tried not to laugh, but Eli was really struggling getting these moves down. He was a good fighter, but when it came to the calmer technical stuff he was completely lost. I wanted to help him out, but I was still mad about everything that happened. If I just gave in the second I saw his cute smile I wouldn't be able to control myself. I had to stand my ground until he made up for what he did. An apology was sweet, it almost seemed like the old Eli was there, but it wouldn't mean shit if he didn't act on it, and I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it.

"CLASS IS OVER LOSERS! GET OUT!" Johnny shouted.

"Do you have to always be screaming?" Daniel said holding his arms out confused.

The two sensei's continued arguing as all the students started leaving the dojo in pairs.

"Do you wanna maybe grab some ice cream?" Eli said scratching the back of his head, nostrils flaring a little bit. That always happened when he was anxious.

"Actually I have plans, but maybe another time." I said, trying to act stern, making him work for my friendship.

I did in fact have plans though. Yasmine invited me over to her beach house for the afternoon because her parents were out of town. I think she was still embarrassed to be seen with me, but I didn't care. She was so beautiful and I'd do anything to be with her. She was sweet when we were alone and I liked that I got to see that side of her even if she acted like a bitch to everyone else, and me sometimes. I knew it was just her own insecurities protruding out because it was similar to Eli. At least she wasn't physically violent.

I looked back over at Eli and he looked disappointed, but I couldn't let it get to me.

"Maybe you could go hang out with Miguel... or something." Eli and I both turned to look at Miguel making out with Sam on one of the benches in Miyagi-Do. Gross.

"He looks a little busy." Eli said, rolling his eyes.

I knew how much he hated Sam after what Robby did to Miguel, but I didn't understand why he couldn't just get over it. Miguel clearly had.

"Tough dude. I'll catch up with you another time I guess." I said walking away. Before I could though, Eli grabbed my arm. His grip was tight and it hurt a little, although I didn't think it was intentional.

As soon as he saw the pain in my eyes, he let go.

"I'm- I'm s-"

"It's fine man, you didn't mean it, I really have to get going though." And with that I walked out.