1 ~ Reconciling

[ Hawk's POV ]

Dem

Hawk: meet me at my place, we can go to miyagi-do together

Demetri: Ok, coming.

I had parted ways with Demetri after the fight at the Larusso's house and we hadn't spoken since. We heard news that Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang were going to join forces to take down Cobra Kai so I wanted to meet up with him and talk before we faced each other there. I had finally come to my senses once I truly saw all the damage I had caused and how much I had hurt my best friend. He had always been there for me and I ruined it. I know he forgave me during the fight, but that was an emotional time and no one was thinking straight. I needed to apologize in a more remote location where he knew it was sincere.

I touched the scar on my lip. He was one of the only people that never made fun of it, let alone even noticed it. I took all of my insecurities and anger out on the one person who didn't deserve it. My best friend.

Stop. You can't be soft. Not again. Remember what Miguel told you; there's a difference between no mercy and no honor. Just because you're not gonna be a bully anymore doesn't mean you can just become a loser again.

I sat on my bed waiting for Demetri to text me that he was here when I heard a ding from my phone. I couldn't help, but feel a little excitement twinge in my body. It faded quickly though and turned into remorse and pain. God, I didn't understand how he could even look at me again let alone take me back into his life.

Demetri: I'm outside.

I chuckled a little at Dem's constant need to end messages with periods. I grabbed my sweatshirt and made my way outside where Demetri was waiting for me. I opened my door and there he was, leaning against my garage door. I noticed a small bruise on his cheek that hadn't been there the last time I saw him. I wanted so desperately to run and hug him, but I knew I couldn't pretend things were the same. All the horrible things I had done. Flashbacks of snapping my best friend's arm shot through my memory as I tried to repress them. How could I have ever become so horrible?

"Hey, anybody home" Demetri said, now standing right in front of me waving his hand in front of my face.

I had been standing there staring off into space like an idiot for who knows long. I snapped out of it and looked at him.

"Hey"