8 ~ Nightmare Days

(a/n: if anyone watches jatp i'm listening to unsaid emily rn and i'm in my FEELS)

I put my phone down and rested my head on my pillow conflicted on what to do. I wanted him here, but I didn't want things to be even more complicated than they already were. All I wanted was my best friend back, but everytime things seemed to be ok I screwed something up again.

I turned the brightness down on my phone and just stared at it. I thought I was brave, but when it came to him I was always so clueless and scared. I didn't want to hurt him more than I already had, but I needed to do something... anything.

*20 minutes later*

I heard a loud knock on the front door and sprung up from my bed. My mom was probably asleep by now so I had to be as quiet as possible.

I carefully walked down my stairs and then looked out the peephole in my front door. My eyes widened to a face I hadn't expected to see tonight. I slowly opened up the door trying my best to not let it squeak.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. My hands were clammy and my heart was racing out of control.

"Did you see my text?"

"Yeah." I scratched the back of my head and looked at the ground.

"Well? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I didn't mean to send that text anyway. Sorry." I was too scared to admit what I really wanted. I tried to shut the door on him, but he forcefully pushed it back open and walked inside.

"You're obviously not ok." He said looking down at me. I could see a sadness in his soft brown eyes and I had to look away. He always had such pretty eyes.

"It's nothing you need to worry about."

"Yes it is. You're my best friend and I- I miss you too."

My heart jolted. He actually cared.

I could feel his sweaty hand lift up my chin to look at him. We were now making eye contact and every part of my body felt like it was on fire. My stomach dropped to my toes and I gulped not being able to breathe.

"Demetri I-"

Before I knew it his lips crashed into mine. I didn't expect it so I just stood there for a couple of seconds trying to process what was happening. Once I finally realized, I pulled away.

"But... Yasmine?" I said wanting more, but knowing I didn't want to be a cheater.

"Who?" Demetri said with a confused look on his face.

I scrunched my eyebrows at his response, but before I knew it his face was right up against mine again. His lips were soft, but aggressive. I finally kissed him back and tangled my hands into his hair. His arms were wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer with every breath. Our bodies were in sync and our lips moved in unison. Nothing had ever felt more right than this moment. It was perfect. He was perf-

-

-

-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Startled, I sprung up from my bed. My body was covered in sweat and I was hyperventilating. I looked at my phone. It was open to the text trail with Demetri and I hadn't replied.

I rubbed the back of my neck trying to remember everything from the previous day and when it all came back, so did the dream. I had never had a dream like that before and I didn't know what it meant. I could still feel what his lips were like pressed against mine. I could taste his mint chapstick that he always carried around in his pocket.

I missed him so much. I just wanted to be in that moment forever, but it wasn't even real.

I picked my phone back up and started typing...

Hawk: i'm free today after school, we could go to the park

Send.

I took a deep breath and started getting ready for school. It was the first day back after Christmas break and I had no desire to go, but I knew I had to.

(Hawk's outfit)

I put on a pair of light gray sweatpants and a black hoodie with the words Blessed written in red lettering across the chest

I put on a pair of light gray sweatpants and a black hoodie with the words Blessed written in red lettering across the chest. I grabbed my backpack and headed off to school hoping I would be able to have a normal day without getting into fights or seeing... him until our meetup later. I knew it would be hard to avoid him, but I needed to mentally prepare myself to see him after everything that happened. If avoiding him was the only way to make that happen, then I'd do whatever I needed to, to get it done.