28 ~ Bitchin' Around

(a/n: sorry to disappoint, but this chapter focuses on a couple other characters, I promise it'll go back to the Hawk/Demetri storyline soon though xoxo)

[ Robby's POV ]

Tory and I haven't been doing too well lately. We decided to make it official last week, but I don't think we really felt like it was the right call. She could definitely tell I was hiding something, but I didn't know what to do. I wanted her to join my side so badly, but she was already so deep into Cobra Kai I didn't think it was worth the risk. I'd just have to see how she reacted when the time came, even though that seemed terrifying, and let her decide on her own.

I really liked Tory. I knew she could be a bitch, but deep down she had so much pain in her life and no one was ever there to care for her. I saw a lot of myself in her and it was kind of refreshing, but I know if she found out what my plan was she would probably hate me. I had to subtly convince her to switch sides before she was gone for good, but I didn't quite know how I was going to get it done.

I hoped Sam had read my letter, but I would have no way of knowing for sure until the day everything was scheduled to go down. The All Valley was in about a month now and I had to be in my best possible shape to take down Cobra Kai. I was positive that Miyagi-Fang had incredible fighters, but Kreese and Tory would do anything to win and it terrified me.

Today I had off from Cobra Kai training because I had promised Kreese that I would work on my technique in my free time and Tory and I were gonna have lunch out then catch a movie. Neither of us could really afford big dates so we tried to scrounge together whatever we could every once in a while so that we had something other to do than karate and skating.

[ Tory's POV ]

Robby hesitantly grabbed my hand and then we walked into the grill together. To our surprise though we saw Sam and Miguel sitting over at a table by the window. Robby wanted to order and go, but I made him come with me over them to have a little fun.

"Funny seeing you two here. Last time we were both on dates in the same place the circumstances were a little... different," I said looking Miguel up and down.

(a/n: it makes me so sad writing tory so mean because she's my favorite female character i just feel like this is very accurate for her HAHA)

"Tory can't we just stop with all of this nonsense. The tournament is only a month away, we can just wait until then. We don't have to be constantly fighting," Miguel said grabbing onto Sam's hand in a protective manner.

"What? Are you afraid your little princess is gonna get hurt?" I said and Sam quickly took her hand out of Miguel's causing him to have a sour look on his face. Then I leaned in close to Sam's ear.

"Come on Tory let's just go," Robby said trying to pull me away, but I just stood my ground and got even closer to Sam until my lips were almost making contact with her ear.

"How does it feel knowing I fucked your sweet little boyfriend?" I whispered.

"YOU BITCH!" Sam shouted immediately, standing up ready to fight me.

Robby moved and stood in the middle of us facing me. He put one of his hands on Sam slightly signaling for her to sit back down, but she didn't budge. He moved both of his hands onto my shoulders and looked at me directly in the eyes. I would've gotten lost in their mesmerizing green sparkle if I wasn't so pissed off.

"She's not worth it Tory. Let's just get our food and go ok?"

I hesitated, but accepted his offer. Before walking away though I turned back around and spit on Sam's shoe. She tried to hit me, but Miguel blocked it before she could and I giggled a little as we walked away to pick up our order.

We were now sitting at a table outside and enjoying our food. Robby had scarfed down almost his entire burger while I had only taken a couple bites of my salad. He could sense how tense I was just twirling my fork in back and forth in my plate and he rested his hand on top of mine with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Why do you always stand up for them? They're the enemy Robby."

"Just because they're the enemy doesn't mean we have to attack them whenever we see them. Plus we don't need any more issues with the law to carry around. It's safer this way."

I knew he was right, but I just couldn't control my anger when I saw her ugly ass face. I know I'd kill her if I got the chance, but taking care of my mom and brother was way more important than any rivalry with some bitch who I'd forget existed in five years.

[ Robby's POV]

I could see the pain behind her eyes and she was definitely thinking hard about what I said. Everything in me was telling me I still couldn't fully open up to her yet, but I wanted to so badly. Without even thinking though, I started talking again.

"Tory I have to tell you someth-"

"Are you two done with these?" a waiter came over and grabbed our plates before I could finish my sentence. Thank god. I don't know what came over me in that moment.

He left the bill and I picked it up, my eyes widened a little not expecting that large of a total, but I took my wallet out of my pocket and had just enough to cover it.

"What were you gonna say? Before that waiter came?"

"Oh, I was just gonna say that I'm really glad we did this," I said trying to not sound suspicious.

Tory now for sure knew something was up, but I played it as cool as I possibly could and we left for our movie.