10 ~ Love To Hate Me

*After School*

[ Demetri's POV ]

I was trying to catch my breath, but then I was once again pressed against the hard concrete walls of the school. A soft pair of lips came at me like a hungry tiger, and although I didn't have much experience kissing, I tried to meet them with the same passion that they had been attacking me with.

Honk!

"Yas come on we're going to the mall!" Sam shouted, staring at us as if we were putting on a show for her and her friends.

Yasmine pulled her face away from mine and instantly started applying more lipgloss.

"Coming!" She shouted without even looking back at me.

Still out of breath, I got my phone out and realized I should've been making my way to the park already. I quickly fixed my hair, put my backpack on, and went on my way.

[ Hawk's POV ]

I had been sitting on a bench waiting for Demetri for about 10 minutes now and I was growing very impatient. I debated on texting him and asking where the hell he was, but I trusted him and I knew he wouldn't ditch me unless something drastic happened.

My leg was shaking and I tried to run my hands through my hair forgetting it was stiff as a rock. I checked my phone for the 20th time by now and there was still nothing.

I was about to leave when I heard a familiar voice shouting to me.

"Hey! Sorry I got here late. I had to do something that took longer than expected." Demetri said panting hard after running over to me.

"It's ok man, but you shouldn't have left me out here in the cold! An old lady came by and asked if I needed a blanket."

Both of us laughed as Demetri took a seat next to me on the bench. I could feel my pulse increase as he scooted over near me. Our legs were centimeters away from touching and I debated on "accidentally" bumping into him, but that would've been stupid.

"Demetri," I said, turning to face him.

"Yeah."

"I know you said I don't need to apologize again, but I do. I really do. I made your life a living hell and I had no right to do that."

Demetri scoffed as I said that last line.

"You got that right buddy!" He said, patting my shoulder.

"It wasn't all your fault though, I did some things I'm not proud of too. Everyone did."

Flashbacks of Demetri humiliating me in front of everyone at Moon's party shot through my mind and I felt a rage inside of me that I tried to suppress, but I couldn't. I knew I was supposed to be the one apologizing, but the anger consumed me and I exploded, like always.

"How could you say those things about me. And in front of everyone?" I stood up trying to back away from him before my rage completely clouded my judgement.

"Woah, easy there tiger. I had to bring you back to reality, you were off the rails and I didn't know what else to do!"

"I trusted you with those things Demetri."

"YOU TRIED TO JUMP ME IN A MALL!"

"YEAH, BECAUSE YOU DESERVED IT!"

"God! I knew it wasn't true! I knew you could never change! Once a bully, always a bully." Demetri said getting up close to my face.

I shoved him back and he looked shocked.

"Oh what now? Are you gonna break my arm again? Once wasn't enough for you? Come on Eli. I have nothing to lose. I already lost my best friend."

"It was YOU who chose to abandon ME Demetri! You could've just joined Cobra Kai in the first place and avoided all of this!"

We were standing a couple feet apart glaring at each other.

"You never think about anybody, but yourself! I mean, did you ever stop to think that I was trying to help your dumbass. You would've still been under Kreese's control if it wasn't for me!"

With every sentence he stepped closer to me. I wanted to smash his face with my fist and watch as he fell to the ground. At the same time though, something in me wanted to take all my anger out through a kiss. Ever since I had that dream it's all I've wanted. I had convinced myself that I just needed validation, but it wasn't true. I just needed him.

I hated him more than anything right now though, and I couldn't stop thinking about all those awful things he said about me. He betrayed me and I hated him.

And then I thought about breaking his arm. That was one of the worst moments in my life. I didn't want to do it, but I was terrified of what they would do to him if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands. I was tough, but Tory was on another level. I didn't want her hands being the ones harming my best friend, even if it meant he would hate me forever.

My mind was running wild and I just wanted to scream. So I did. I let out one of the largest, angriest screams I ever had. I saw Demetri's face immediately grow pale as I fell to my knees.

He ran over to me with a concerned look on his face and lifted me up helping me over to the bench. I could tell he was still mad, but the second he saw me hurting he went into protective mode.

"You should go," I said looking at the ground.

"Eli- I-"

"GO!" I shouted.

And he left.