17 ~ Rising Tensions

After the fight I walked back over to where Demetri was standing.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll get him next time!" he said patting my back a little before awkwardly moving his hand away.

"I went easy on him," I said even though I knew he wouldn't believe me.

We still had plans to hang out, but I don't think either of us knew how it was gonna go down considering we could barely even look at each other when we were together. Brett was off somewhere talking to Daniel and I think Demetri could tell I was looking for him, but he didn't acknowledge it.

"Ok, I just have to clarify, we're still hanging out later right?"

"Yeah, yeah man. We can just walk back to my house after if you wa-" I got cut off by a large bang on the gate leading into Miyagi-Do.

The gate swung open at full force and out walked Tory and Robby followed by the other members of Cobra Kai. In the very back though was none other than John Kreese himself standing high and mighty as if he owned the place.

As soon as I saw them walking in a rush of emotions slapped me in the face and Demetri and I turned to face each other inching a little closer together as they made their way towards us.

Johnny had left early to deal with something at the police station, go figure, but Daniel was inside the dojo with Brett.

Once he heard the commotion he stepped out and immediately made his way towards Kreese.

"HEY YOU SON OF A BITCH GET THE HELL OUT OF MY DOJO!" he screamed, almost charging at him.

"Relax Larusso, I'm just here to talk a little business, nothing more."

His voice made me sick to my stomach. I knew first hand how manipulative he could be and I never knew when someone was going to be lured into his trap.

I looked over at Brett who came out of the dojo behind Daniel and he seemed confused as hell. I mean who wouldn't be.

Kreese and Daniel were talking more quietly across from the dojo now and right when the Cobra Kai's saw Daniel was distracted they started making their rounds of the Miyagi-Fang students.

I saw Robby walk over to Sam, Miguel immediately stepping in the line of fire in case he had anything up his sleeve. Before I knew it though Tory was walking over to where Demetri and I were standing. I looked around a little, but no one had noticed, except for Brett.

Right when he saw Tory heading in my direction he made his way over to Demetri and I too.

I clenched my fist out of instinct and my nose started flaring a bit from anxiety.

"Hey there traitor," Tory said now standing only inches away from my face.

"I heard rumors that you've gone soft. Was the fighting too much for you princess."

I clenched my fist even tighter and my face filled with rage. Demetri could sense how uncomfortable I was and lightly placed his hand on my arm. I calmed a little at his touch, but there was still an immense amount of rage in me.

He was about to step in front of me and confront Tory himself, but someone beat him to it.

"Woah, woah, woah guys, what's going on over here?" Brett asked standing in front of me and getting right up in Tory's face. He laid his hand on my chest protecting me and signaling for me to step back a little.

Without hesitation I did just that, but stayed close enough to keep in contact with his hand. I looked over at Dem who was staring directly at Brett now. He lowered his arm from mine and crossed his arms.

"Oh and who might you be? Does Hawk need a bodyguard now? He can't fight his own battles?"

Brett dropped his arm from my chest once he knew I was far enough back and took one step closer to Tory.

"Look I don't know who you are, or what your problem is, but you better stay away from him and everyone else in this dojo or I'll become your worst nightmare"

Brett had a hunger in his voice, but not a good one, one hungry for destruction. I didn't know why he was so protective over me especially since he didn't even know what he was protecting me against, but it made me feel oddly safe.

Tory just laughed, but before she could interject Robby walked back over and put his hand on Tory's shoulder.

"You know we just came here to talk. Don't do anything stupid," he said, and then he walked over to where Kreese was standing. He had just finished his conversation with Daniel and all of the Cobra Kai students were returning to him to leave.

"NICHOLS," he shouted.

She turned to face him and then nodded.

"You better watch your ass," she said staring at Brett and then she quickly shifted her glance over to me.

I gave her a dirty look and then she turned and left with the rest of the Cobra Kais.

We all stayed frozen until Bert spoke up.

"Um Sensei? What was that about."

"Kreese was just saying some crap about wanting to meet up and fight before the tournament."

"Well what did you say?" I said concerned, but also confused considering Kreese was the one who wanted to settle things at the tournament anyway.

"I told him it was never going to happen and that he needed to leave before I called them cops."

Good, I thought. We didn't need anymore trouble brewing before we had to face them at the tournament anyway.

Once we all calmed down a little, Daniel said we could start heading out and so we did.

"You're really gonna have to fill me in on what's going on here man," Brett said as we walked out of the dojo. Demetri was walking with us, but he was a little behind.

"Oh well I'm not just gonna tell you. You're gonna have to earn that dude. You can't just walk in here and think you're one of us," I smirked at him a little and he did it back.

I could see Demetri behind us and he looked upset, but I figured I could just talk to him about it. We stopped when we got to Brett's car and he said his goodbyes, awkwardly fist bumping Demetri again, and went on his way.

Demetri and I stood awkwardly next to each other as Brett drove away in his Mercedes. Miguel had already left, and Demetri walked to Miyagi-Do so we had just planned on walking to my house together.

"So... you ready to go?"

I could tell he was very uncomfortable, but it probably wasn't as bad as how I was feeling. My stomach was turning in knots, but I tried to keep it cool in front of him.

"Yeah," I said, and we started on our way to what I hoped was a new chapter in our friendship, but with the rate it was going at now, anything could happen.