19 ~ Only the Brave

(a/n: also in this story sam's house is just gonna be fine cause i have absolutely no idea how to incorporate the damage from the fight so let's just assume since they're loaded they just repaired everything)

[ Sam's POV ]

It was a couple hours after the Miyagi-Fang meeting and I hadn't gotten up the courage to open Robby's note. I had no idea what could be inside and I was too afraid to see. I was sitting by the fireplace staring at it, trying to think of all the reasons to open it, but every time I was about to, I got too scared.

After contemplating it for a while, I picked it up and started ripping open the envelope.

"Screw it," I mumbled to myself as I unfolded the piece of loose leaf paper and started to read.

Dear Sam,

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this in person, but I never knew who would be suspicious so I thought this was the best option. I'm sorry for everything that's happened in the past, but I want you to know I'm on your side. I'm pretty sure I have everyone convinced that I'm loyal to Cobra Kai and I need it to stay that way. You have to keep hating me, so that nobody gets suspicious, but just know I would like to compete with Miyagi-Fang in the All Valley. Besides Tory, I'm Kreese's best chance at winning so I know he'll focus on training me the most. On the day of the All Valley I want you to talk to Daniel and Johnny, and ask them if they can add my name to the roster at the last minute. I have a guy here on the inside that's able to remove my name from the Cobra Kai dojo right before the tournament without anyone knowing. I'm sorry if this is a lot to take in, but just remember, you can trust me.

Take care,

Robby

(p.s. Burn this note after you read it. We can't take any chances.)

I was shocked. This was probably the last thing I had expected and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't talk to anyone about it in fear of being caught so I knew I had to keep it to myself.

I read over the note a couple more times making sure I knew what I had to do when the time came and then threw the note into the fireplace.

"Hey honey," my mom walked in and started playing with my hair.

"Hi mom," I said, hoping she hadn't seen anything.

"Your father and I are going to go to the dealership early tomorrow morning so try not to get into any trouble and have fun at school," she kissed the top of my head and then walked back into the main part of the house.

I assumed she hadn't noticed me reading the note because she probably would've asked about it so I was clear for now, but I knew it was going to be hard for me to act like everything was normal.

Everyone hated Robby and it would've made everything so much easier if I could just tell them everything, but I knew if he succeeded in his plan, Cobra Kai would have no chance in winning the tournament and they'd be forced to leave. I'd do anything to get rid of Tory and if Robby had a good plan to make that happen, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it.

-

[ Demetri's POV ]

I was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about everything that had happened last night. It seemed like Eli was gonna say something to me before his mom came in, but I had no idea what it could be.

He had been looking at me like it was something important though. I was gonna ask about it, but I was worried about what would happen if I didn't leave when I did. There were two options playing in my head.

One ended in pain, but the other... that was a different story. And I didn't think I was ready for either.

I never thought about Eli as being more than my best friend, especially after... that one time, but after he became Hawk something flipped. It was like, before I had to protect him and that was my only job, but now he was the one on the other side and the feeling I got when I realized I wasn't getting him back was nothing I'd ever experienced before.

As we were starting to get closer again it was almost like a completely new start for us. He had a new energy about him that I enjoyed, when he wasn't using it to beat me up.

I knew I had feelings for Yasmine, I really did like her, but there was something in the back of my mind at all times telling me that it just wasn't right. That I couldn't keep kidding myself with this girl who barely even gave me the time of day.

I made a deal with myself that if she didn't agree to go public in a week or so I was gonna break it off. I was planning on meeting up with her after school tomorrow so I was gonna talk to her about it then. I wanted to stay with her, but it was doing me more harm than good, even though our times alone were very... very good. I wanted someone who wasn't embarrassed to be seen with me. Someone who put me before their stupid friends, and she just wasn't that kind of girl no matter how much I wanted her to be.

-

*the next day, Yasmine's house after school*

Yasmine and I walked into her pool house and she instantly started smothering me with kisses.

"Hey wait- wai-" I said trying to get a word in before she stuck her tongue down my throat.

"Yas- YASMINE!" I shouted, and she finally let go of my shirt collar and backed away a little.

"What? Is something wrong?"

"Look, we need to talk," I said backing up a little bit so that she didn't have time to spring anything on me.

"Why talk when we can-"

"Yasmine I'm serious."

"Ok, ok. What?"

I looked into her eyes and she looked bored, but I knew deep down she was worried about what I was about to say. She had little nervous ticks that I picked up on quickly after we got together and she could never hide them when we were alone together.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on and I make sure you know that everyday, but I want more. I want to hold your hand in the hallway, I want to post a cheesy picture with you and have all your friends comment on how we're the couple of the ages. I can't keep doing this secretive stuff Yasmine. I won't," I said proud that I had finally put my foot down.

"Demetri I- I really like you. You know that I just, I have a reputation to uphold and I just don't want to risk it."

I didn't understand how some stupid reputation could be more important than our relationship. Plus, Aisha had already knocked her down a few pegs, I guess it didn't do much to her ego though.

"How can you be so shallow?" I said without even thinking. I could see the hurt in her eyes, but for once I didn't care. She was being a bitch and she needed to know that.

"Shallow? I'm protecting you asshole. Do you know the rumors that could start if we went public? All the lies that could be spread?"

She had a good point, but I knew she was more concerned about herself being affected than me.

"You say you like me and then you start spewing some bullshit about how your reputation is more important to you! Is this all just some game? Cause I'm getting really tired of playing."

"Game? Who do you think I am? I could drop you in a second if I wanted to and have every guy crawl over to me, but I chose you idiot."

I didn't know if I was supposed to be thankful or insulted by her comment, but I was still mad nonetheless.

"Well I'm ready to tell the world and I don't care what the aftermath is like. Give me a call when you figure out what you want."

I walked away and left, slamming the door behind me. It felt good to get the last word, but it seemed like nothing would ever be resolved. I had a sudden urge to call Eli and tell him about all my girl problems, but I assumed we weren't at that stage yet in our rekindled relationship, so I'd just have to wait for things to work themselves out.