18 ~ Messes and Makeups

[ Robby's POV ]

Tory and I were at the skatepark and she was acting even colder than usual. We had talked a little on our way here, but once we arrived she just started skating laps around me.

Kind of rude considering it was the skateboard I gave her, but it was nice seeing her carefree for once.

She was about to do another lap around me when I gently grabbed her arm stopping her suddenly.

"Hey what's your problem you could've killed me?"

I laughed a little at how tough she always seemed.

"What?"

"You're really cute when you're angry."

Tory rolled her eyes and tried to skate away, but I grabbed her once more and she stopped.

"Ok you have been avoiding me all night. What's your deal?"

"I saw you at Miyagi-Do talking to Sam. What was that about? And when you got in my business when I was talking with Hawk, that isn't what we were taught."

I didn't know what to say. I wanted so badly to come clean and bring her in on my plan, but I knew she was still being brainwashed and that was the worst move I could make.

I was happy with my decision to tell one person though and I knew they'd be able to really help me out for the time being.

-

*flashback to an hour ago*

I walked into Miyagi-Do behind Tory and I could immediately feel the tension. The person I wanted to talk to most though caught my eyes instantly.

Sam.

Once I saw everyone disperse into the dojo I made my way over to her. Right when I got close though, Miguel stepped in front of Sam blocking her from my view.

"Look man, I just want to talk. I'll be gone as soon as you know it."

He looked at Sam to see if she was ok with it and when she agreed he walked over to where Chris and Mitch were standing.

"How have you been?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"What do you want Robby?"

I looked around making sure no one was watching us and when I saw that the coast was clear I got really close to Sam and placed a note in her hand.

"This will explain everything. Don't tell anyone I talked to you," and then I walked away.

*end of flashback*

-

"Just because we're on the other team doesn't mean we have to be constantly fighting. We have to be smart about it if we want to win Tory."

She looked like she took what I said to heart, but then she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Come on, I'll walk you home," I said reaching my hand out to her.

She smiled at me sweetly, but I could still see a slight hesitation in her manner. She intertwined her fingers with mine and we started walking away from the skatepark.

-

-

-

*Hawk's room*

[ Hawk's POV ]

Demetri was sitting on my bed and I was awkwardly pacing across my room. We just got inside from a long, uncomfortable, and quiet walk back to my place, but Demetri immediately made himself at home once he got into my room. It was kind of like old times.