Getting A Bunny

My names y/n and I am 21 years old. I work at a bakery called RoseAnne's. I've always wanted to work at a bakery and I'm now I'm one of the owners. The other owner is my best friend Jess. We were childhood neighbors. Her boyfriend Jason works with us too. We were closing up when Jess gets an idea.

"Jason! We should get a pet!"

"We already have Jet we are not getting another pet." He turns down her idea immediately which I giggle at his fast reaction. Jet is their pet corgi.

"Aweee, fine... Y/n! You should get a pet!" She immediately goes to me, but I was actually considering it for a while.

"Actually I was thinking about getting one. It's kind of lonely in my house."

"Really! What kind of pet would you get?"

"I was thinking of a bunny."

"A bunny would be so cute! How about I go with you today to get one?" She is always so eager but why not.

"Sure, let's go after we clean up."

"Yes!" We finished cleaning, left our bakery and arrived to a pet store. We enter and the worker greets us three.

"Welcome, my name is Namjoon, how may I help you?" I step up to the counter.

"Hi, I'm Y/n, and I would like a pet bunny."

"Sure, come with me." We follow Namjoon around the store and stop at the bunnies behind the glass.

"Awe! They are so cute!" Jess is fangirling over the cute bunnies. I look at all of the bunnies but I can't decide! They are all doing their own thing not noticing us.

"That one over there is looking at you y/n." Jason points to a white bunny in the back. I look over to where he is pointing at and I see a white bunny looking at me.

"Namjoon, who is this bunny?" He looks towards the bunny I was looking at and had a shocked expression on his face. "Why are you surprised?"

"Umm... Well that bunny is very shy. That's why I'm surprised that he approached you."

"Can I see him?"

"Of course!" He opens the bunny cage and takes him out. "His name is Jungkook." He hands me the bunny.

"He's so cute!" I hold him in my arms and he rubs his head on my hand as I pet him.

"Y/n you have to get him!" Jess comes over to me and pets Jungkook as well. I'm already in love with him, I just have to get him.

"Namjoon, I'll get him."

"Great! Let's go over to the counter." I did all of the paperwork and Namjoon helped me get supplies for Jungkook too.

"Thank you so much Namjoon."

"No problem, I do want to tell you that bunnies can be very needy. Most people don't know that and they end up returning them."

"Don't worry Namjoon, that doesn't bother me and I think I'll get along with Jungkook great."

"That's good to hear. I hope you come visit once and a while, bye!"

"Bye Namjoon!" Then Jess, Jason and I exited the store. They live together so I split from them to go to my own house.

I enter my house and set the cage that Jungkook is in down on the floor and the bag of bunny supplies I bought from Namjoon. I let Jungkook out of his cage and he immediately jumps on my leg.

"Hehe, you're so cute!" I pick him up to hold him. "I should give you a nickname. What about... Kookie?" I bring him to my face and he licks my cheek and I laugh. "Ok, Kookie it is!"

I set him down on the ground so I can make some dinner for the both of us. The entire time he was right next to my feet, I had to be careful to watch where I was going. When I was finally done I set his bowl of bunny food on the ground and I ate at my kitchen table. Afterwards I went into my living room to watch tv. I sat down on the floor leaning on my couch so I could play with Kookie. One of the things I bought was a toy ball and he loved it. As I was playing with him my phone went off. I stopped playing and checked my phone. It was Jess texting me if I got home safe and how Jungkook was doing. I was so into my chat with Jess I didn't notice him poking me to get my attention. When I was about to reply to Jess again I felt something on my leg. I look away from my phone and see Jungkook humping my leg!

"Jungkook!" I put my phone down and take him off my leg and put him on the ground. "You can't do that!" I blush while this bunny doesn't have any sadness to his face even though I yelled at him. "Ugh... You didn't like that I stopped paying attention to you right?" He comes closer and pokes him nose on my thigh. "Fine, your too cute to be mad at." I spent the rest of the night playing and petting Kookie.

When it was time for bed I went to my bedroom to get into my pajamas. As I was changing I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned around and saw Jungkook staring at me. I have had many pets before when I was young. So I was never embarrassed when my pet was in the same room as me when I changed. But, I don't know him being in here is different. I decided to change as fast as possible and afterwards I set Jungkook's cage next to my bed.

"Ok Kookie it's time for bed, go in your cage." He hesitantly goes in and I close the cage. I get in my bed and got comfortable. I was about to fall asleep when I heard a squeaking noise. I turned around and saw Jungkook looking at me squeaking.

"Kookie... go to sleep." I close my eyes again but he only got louder. I groaned getting out of my bed and took him out his cage. Then I sat on my bed with him. "What's wrong Kookie?" He gets off my lap and lays on the side of my bed that I don't sleep on. I was too tired to care by this point. "Ugh, fine you can sleep with me but this isn't happening all the time." I lay back down on my bed and Kookie gets even closer to me and lays on my stomach and puts his head on my chest. "I don't like that you know I can't say no to you." I pet him as I slowly fell asleep.