"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎

they were back at the hospital, they had been for over a month now. they were all dealing with their trauma in different ways. cristina had moved to minnesota, it was strange without her there.

grace was stood at the nurses station with bailey and meredith, as they were writing in the patient charts.

"what's the problem?" bailey asked an intern who was standing looking at them.

"i have these labs for dr grey" she nervously said.
"well, then give them to her" bailey told her.

"i've been waiting for those for over and hour" meredith rolled her eyes.
"i had an admission-" the intern tried to say.
"stop making excuses" meredith snapped cutting her off.

"sorry" the intern then said.
"stop apologising" meredith told her.
"okay" the intern nodded.
"stop talking" meredith remarked.

grace look at bailey with wide eyes and bailey had a smile on her face, as they listened to what else meredith had to say.

"go to the pit and try not to kill anybody" meredith snapped at the intern, before the intern walked off.

"impressive" dr bailey chuckled. "i would've expected that level of intimidation from yang maybe. not you" she told meredith.

"i know" grace exclaimed. "who was that?" she asked her.

"dr wilson" she stated.
"how is yang, by the way?" bailey asked meredith. "does she like minnesota?"

"she loves it" meredith told them with a smile.

❀❀❀

grace was hiding how she was feeling to everyone. most of the doctors in the plane crash were.

jackson knew though. he would stay awake with her every night when she had nightmares, and he would listen to what she had to say.

but, she was still so lost. she couldn't believe what had happened, still. she had to keep doing stuff, because if she stopped she would just think about everything that went on. lexie dying, doing unsanitary procedures on her friends, staying awake 24/7, not having food, blood loss from her foot, all of that.

arizona's leg had to be cut off, otherwise it was possible she could've died.

and mark. mark was going to be taken off life support at 5pm, so they were all trying to prepare themselves for that.

grace couldn't believe that mark was going to be gone as well. there was too many losses happening, it wasn't right nor was it fair. 

❀❀❀

grace was walking to a patients room, when in the corner of her eye she saw her mom.

"mom? what are you doing here?" grace asked her.
"grace!" mrs donahue smiled, as she ran over and hugged her. "i'm so sorry, i couldn't get here sooner. are you okay?" she asked as she kissed her head.

"yeah mom. i'm fine" grace told her. she didn't really like talking about it. she didn't think she needed to.

"well, after everything that has happened, you know? the car accident you were in, the shooting in the hospital, the plane crash.."

"yes mom" grace raised her voice. "you don't need to remind me of everything, that's happened here" she awkwardly said. she didn't want to think about all the horrible things that have happened.