"𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 25

grace and jackson were lying in bed still asleep, until there was a deathly noise, her phone was ringing.

grace groaned as she turned to check who was calling her, it was her mom. "mom, why are you calling me?" she asked as she got up and walked to the kitchen to make some coffee.

"well, you know your cousin stacey?"

"as in the cousin that slept with my boyfriend on prom night" grace said with a sarcastic voice. "yeah, i remember stacey" she sighed.

"that was a long time ago" mrs donahue sighed. "you girls have grown up"

"i have, i definitely have" grace agreed. "not stacey" she said shaking her head. "always posting stuff about her fabulous life, and how much better new york is than washington, and how much better it is to not have to work, blah blah" she ranted, whilst taking a bite out of a donut. "anyways why are we talking about that bitch?"

"grace!" she snapped. "you do not speak about family like that" she scolded. "but, stacey is actually getting married"

"she is?" grace said in shock, she couldn't believe someone actually wanted to marry her. it sounded awful, but stacey was awful.

stacey was always jealous of grace, once when they were younger and were doing arts and crafts stacey got the safety scissors and cut all of graces hair.

another time she locked grace in her room so she couldn't go and join in on the party. she did countless horrible things to her growing up, and she was still trying to get under her skin.

"yes she is, to andy kerring" mrs donahue explained.

"the son right?" grace asked.

"uh, no. the father"

there were two andy kerring's. one was the business man, the same age as mr and mrs donahue, and the other andy was his son who was the same age as grace and stacey.

the son was always away travelling, he had a very spontaneous lifestyle. he came from a rich family like grace. he was similar to her in the way that he wanted to escape from it all.

"you're joking" grace said as she put the donut down in shock. she was shocked by this, yes. however, it's not like she didn't expect something like this from her cousin.

"no, i'm not" mrs donahue sighed. "but what i'm asking you is, is that you need to come to new york for her wedding"

"mom, i have a very very important job, if you haven't realised" she sighed. "i don't get much time off and i can't be coming to new york for a wedding" she explained.

"what? they won't let you visit your elderly parents, or won't let you go to a family event?"

"for starters, mom you aren't elderly" grace stated. "and no"she lied, she probably could get time off, but why would she want to.

"no you need to" mrs donahue demanded. "and you should bring jackson with you, so he can meet everyone"

"i'll see" grace sighed. "i've got to go mom. bye" she said, as she hung up the phone.

"hey, i didn't realise you were already up" jackson said, as he walked over to grace and gave her a quick kiss.

"yeah, my mom called. she wants me to go to new york for my stupid cousins wedding" grace sighed, as she poured them some coffee. "she wants you to go as well"

"well why don't we?" jackson asked.

"because stacey is a bitch" grace snapped as she gave jackson his cup, and he chuckled.