"𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

"it's horrible" meredith complained.

"it the opposite of horrible" grace stated, as she tied her shoe lace.

"alzheimer's or diabetes?" mer sighed.

"if you continue to whine about how you can't decide which groundbreaking medical advancement, to put your name on, i'll punch you in the ear" cristina snapped, causing lexie and grace to laugh.

"well, my names already on one of them, according to the chief. i mean diabetes-"

"affects 240 million people worldwide" lexie said.
"and alzheimer's-"

"is the seventh leading cause of death" grace finished.

"it's 'sophie's choice'" cristina said.

"it's 'sophie's choice'" meredith agreed nodding her head.

"i've never seen that movie" lexie told them.

"me neither" grace said.

"oh, you guys should. it's really funny" cristina said causing both her and mer to laugh.

bailey slowly walked in and she had a slightly concerned look on her face.

"greys, okay how long has your father been having abdominal pain?" bailey asked walking in to the locker room.

"abdominal pain?" meredith said, both the grey girls were confused.

"it sounds like abdominal pain. thatcher grey is not an easy man to get information from" bailey said.

"our father's here in the hospital?" lexie asked confused. grace was surprised that lexie didn't know, as far as she was aware they were pretty close.

"yeah, i admitted him an hour ago" bailey said slowly. "you didn't know he was coming?"

"well, what- what- what's wrong?" lexie asked worried about her dad, grace put her arm around her.
"could it be related to the liver transplant?"

"of course" meredith chuckled. "he's rejecting it because it's my liver" meredith joked, as she walked out.

"okay, look just do me a favour go take a blood sample and try to get some more information out of him. i need someone who speaks grey" bailey said, as lexie stood up.

"yeah" she nodded. "grace can you come with me?"

"of course" grace said, as the two girls left to head to thatchers room.

"you're sick enough that you need to come into the hospital, and you don't even call me?" lexie complained to her dad.

"pain comes and goes" thatcher sighed. "i didn't want to worry-" he said trying to defend himself.

"so you though that you would just sneak in and quietly reject merediths liver and not even make a fuss" she said raising her voice.

grace just stayed quiet, as she didn't feel like it was her business. she knew what it was like arguing with parents, it's best to just not get involved. however, she still wanted to be there for her best friend. so she stayed in the room with her.

"just calm down, please" thatcher sighed, as lexie began to bitterly laugh.

"oh, no i am calm" she chuckled. "i am so calm. i'm like the calmest one"

grace looked to the ground and turned her face a little, she felt bad for lexie since she was so stressed.

grace began to help lexie and sort out all the equipment that was in the room, to keep it organised. thatcher was explaining to lexie about how he met someone at his AA meeting.