''𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17

"you guys-" grace said in shock after hearing the news, about her brother and jessica.

"congratulations is what she means to" jackson said, trying to make there less tension.

"are you guys sure, it hasn't even been a year yet" grace asked them. she couldn't help, but worry that her brother was rushing things.

"well, it's been 11 months, that's pretty much a year"

"you guys aren't pregnant are you?!" grace then suddenly asked, with a scared face.

"definitely not" luke chuckled, as he shook his head.

"well are you sure this is the right thing?" she questioned. "i mean why not wait a bit?" she suggested, pacing around the room.

"but,why would we wait?" luke fired back at her. "i love jess, she loves me why put a pause on the future?"

grace looked at him and then looked at jackson, with a concerned face. she didn't mean to act unhappy or unsupportive, she just wanted what's best. "agh" she groaned, as she threw herself back down on the couch and placed her hands on her temples.

"gracie, please be happy for us" luke sighed, he just wanted his little sister to be happy for him.

"who said i wasn't happy?" grace rhetorically asked. "i'm just confused that's all"

"we'll be getting married in the summer, and i wanted to ask you to be my maid of honor, grace" jess smiled, as she kindly asked her.

"summer?!" grace exclaimed, with her eyes practically exploding from her head. "it's january now. that means only a couple months, really?"

"i think what you're doing is great" jackson smiled, as he tried to be the supportive one.

"i'll be back in a sec" grace sighed, as she quickly exited the room and ran to the bathroom.

she walked in and rested her hands on the sink, looking in the mirror. "okay my brother is getting married, my brother is getting married-" she quietly respecting to herself in the mirror.

she was trying to let it all sink in. she was taken back by the whole thing, it wasn't something she expected this soon. she was happy for him deep down, it was just a shock for the moment.

"does mom and dad know about this!?" she shouted to them loud enough so they could hear.

"yep! they agree to it"

"what in the-" grace mumbled to herself. she was shocked her parents were okay with this, especially her mom.

she then realised that jess had asked her to be her maid of honor and she totally ignored her.

grace ran back into the living room, this time she was going to be happy, positive and supportive for her big brother. "i am happy for the both of you" she smiled hugging luke and jess. "and jess, i'll be your maid of honor"

jessica smiled, as she thanked her

"let's celebrate!" jackson said as he opened a bottle of champagne, he had gotten from the kitchen counter. "to luke and jess!" he toasted.

grace was walking with meredith and cristina and they were talking about how meredith and derek were trying for a baby. "try again. it could be a false negative" cristina told her.

"oh yeah, that happens to a lot of people" grace nodded. "you should try again"

"maybe you tried to early" cristina suggested. "what is it, day 10?" she asked.