Colin Kaepernick Imagine for Cierra (Overwhelming Lives)

Cierra POV

I sighed as I quickly got in the car and headed home. I am so worn out.

Today has been a very very busy day at work.

Ok, as tired as I am, I think I must stop here and explain my life to you.

First off, my name is Cierra and I own my own dance studio.

I am married to Colin Kaepernick, quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and together

we have two children, C.J. (Short for Colin Jr.) , and Aniyah, who are both months old.

Yes, you could say that I am very happy.

I pulled in the driveway of our house.

In all honesty, words cannot describe how tired I am.

I walked into the house to find CJ and Aniyah in tears.

"I'm home." I said, giving a tired smile.

Colin, however, was sitting on the couch and did not return the smile.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked, sounding rather cranky.

"I had to work late." I said."Why?"

"First of all, why the hell didn't you call me and second of all it was your turn to pick the kids

up from day care.

Oh my God! It was my turn!

And I forgot all about it.

All of a sudden, I felt really bad.

"I'm so sorry." I said, quietly.

However, Colin was in no mood to accept my apology.

In fact, he just made me feel worse.

"Oh and by the way, happy anniversary."

Oh no! His words hit me like a ton of bricks.

Today is our third year anniversary.

How in the world could I possibly forget?

Work has been much crazier than I thought here lately.

"Oh my God,I-"

"Forgot? Yeah it's pretty obvious." He said, giving me a look.

"I'm sorry, babe." I said. "It's just that things have been so crazy down at the studio this week."

"Of course, because that is all you care about anymore." He spat. "It's as if you have forgotten that you have a family."

I then began to get angry myself.

How dare him say that to me?

Yes, I have been busy but my family is very important to me.

So that was when I spoke up.

"Oh, so you are saying that I can't enjoy my work now? Because the last time I noticed your football career is awfully damn important to you!" I countered.

"Yes it is, but at least I don't forget about my family!" He spat back.

I then began to get very angry. "Look, I said I was sorry! What else do you want from me?"

"I want you to figure out what's more important to you!" Colin said, picking up both kids in his arms. "Because until you do, the kids and I are staying at a hotel!"

With that, he left and slammed the door.

I then sat on the couch and did my best to keep the tears from falling from my eyes.