Elizabeth Dawn - Nico+Thalia

Wow, I just realized that I have a lot of "Plus Thalia's"... Oops? Also, *SPOILER ALERT WARNING*, this takes place after Jason died. 

Elizabeth Dawn:

My name is Elizabeth Dawn, but please don't call me anything other than Liz. I go to Constellation High School and I was a total loner until the start of this year. On the first day, I was sitting on a bench outside after school and reading my book when a boy in all black that mirrored mine sat down across from me and started reading a book as well. To answer the question that most likely came to your mind when I said I wear black, no, I am not goth or emo or whatever, I just like the color!

Back to the boy. It turns out his name is Nico Di Angelo, which I learned when he dropped his book and I picked it up for him. "Here is your book..." I hesitated on his name.

"Nico. Nico Di Angelo." He answered and smiled a very small smile as he took his book back. From that day on, we were loners together. Yes, I know it sounds sappy, but I don't like him in that way at all.

We were walking down the hall to our lockers which happened to be near each other, when Nico was shoved against the wall. I wasn't brave enough to stand up for him when he got bullied even though he was my only friend and I knew that I should. I just couldn't.

"Hey, loser!" The school jock, or should I say jerk, Ben, teased as he pinned Nico's shoulders against the locker. "How's your girlfriend? Oh right, you don't have one! Or is it her?" He tilted his towards me, "I mean, the only person you could get to go out with you is someone who is just as much of a freak!" He dropped Nico from his grasp before high-fiving his friend and marching away.

I scrambled over to Nico, "Are you okay?" I reached to help him up before remembering how much he hates physical contact.

"Fine!" He growled. Nico was tough and he had survived much worse, but I was still always amazed at how strong he was. One day, Nico was feeling really down, so I decided to ask him what was going on even though he was not a very sharing person.

I was shocked by his answer and immediately apologized. He told me that his father had left him, a few years later his mother died, and more recently, his sister had been killed. It was more than anybody should ever live through. There I go sounding sappy again, UGH!

"Well, I've gotta get to class! See ya!" I told Nico and reluctantly left him as the bell rang. I walked off to my Math Class and had a seat in my usual spot in the back row.

"We have a new student today!" Our teacher grinned excitedly and gestured for a girl to enter the classroom. "Her name is Thalia Grace! Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Do NOT call me by my last name. My name is Thalia and I am new here. I like, um, archery and sword fighting. Also, if you flirt with me I will slice your head off and feed it to a pack of wolves!" She then proceeded to walk past the gaping class and have a seat next to me.

I inspected the punk girl. Her electric blue eyes popped against her spiky black hair and silver clothes. I had a feeling that I would like this girl, so I decided to introduce myself. "My name is Liz. Nice to meet you!" I whispered to her when the teacher was distracted teaching a lesson.

"Nice to meet you, Liz!" She quietly responded before turning to wear she should have been taking notes on the lesson. I saw her doodling a group of girls holding bows and arrows. At least that is what I thought it was, because she didn't look like the artist type.

I didn't see Thalia the rest of the day and pretty much forgot about her. Honestly, I didn't even think another thought about the mysterious girl until the next day.

Nico got shoved against the locker by Ben again and I scrambled back. "Hi again, freak! How is your sister doing?" He asked cruelly. "Oh, she's dead, I forgot! I bet that she is happier now that she doesn't have to see your face any more, am I right?" For the first time, I saw Nico flinch like the words were ripping him apart.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" A girl's voice screamed. Everybody turned away from Nico and Ben to face her. "TELL ME WHAT YOU JUST SAID!" It was Thalia! She looked almost even more intimidating, scratch that, way more intimidating than Ben as she seemed to crackle with electricity.

"I said that this loser's dead sister must be happy to be free from his ugly little self!" Ben bit back at her with unwavering confidence. I would have melted into a puddle by now if I was in his place.

"That is NOT true and don't you DARE say that!" Thalia yelled. "I'm guessing you don't know the pain of losing a sibling, do you?" She was boiling with rage now and I wanted to run but couldn't seem to move. "BECAUSE I DO! AND NICO DOES! And if you did, you would never EVER say ANYTHING like that!"

"It's not my fault that your sibling probably killed themself or something!" Ben tried to hide the obvious quiver in his voice as he attempted to maintain his reputation.

"HOW DARE YOU!" Thalia marched up to the bully and punched him square in the face, sending him flying backwards. He quickly got up and fled the scene with his jock friends. Everybody who had been bullied by him cheered and Thalia growled, causing everybody to go back to what they were doing.

"Thals?" Nico smiled as he pulled Thalia into a hug. WHAT!?! Nico actually HUGGED her? No! He was mine! Wait... what? D-did I have a crush on Nico? I guess I did because when they pulled apart and started talking in a hushed tone I was filled with jealousy. I certainly don't like Thalia anymore! "What are you doing here, Pinecone Face?" Nico asked.

"Checking up on you, Death Breath. Which I would have done a while ago if I knew you were getting bullied! Why didn't you tell me, or at least defend yourself, idiot?" Thalia demanded and she talked to him as if they were friends, but her voice was filled with love and concern. That made it hard to place a finger on their relationship.

Whatever the case, I knew that I had to have Nico now! The more I looked at them talking, the stronger my feelings towards him grew. I decided that I would confess my newly found feelings to Nico after school today.

I stood with Nico outside as we waited for Thalia. She got to us and told Nico that she would be waiting for him in her silver-blue car. "Neeks, there is something really important that I need to tell you." I started nervously. "I really like you and was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, not just as friends..." I confessed.

"Oh. I'm really sorry, but I'm already in a relationship. I ho-"

"Leave Thalia for me, Nico!" I begged, interrupting him.

"Thalia and I aren't a couple, Liz! Plus, I would never betray my significant other and I am hurt you would think otherwise! I thought we could still be friends, I guess not!" Nico stormed off to Thalia's car and they drove away, never coming back.

I guess I am back to being alone.