Caleb Markson - Percabeth

Caleb Markson:

My name is Caleb Markson and I am not your average nerd. I may be brainy, but I am also handsome and kinda cool. I'm not the only one who sees it, a bunch of girls do too, hopefully including my best friend Annabeth.

Annabeth and I talked about an assignment due in Greek while we wanted for our other friends by her locker. "So, who is your favorite god and your favorite goddess?" She asked me. I could see the sparkle in her eye that she always had when she wanted an answer.

"Hm...I've got to go with Artemis and Apollo!" I'm a twin so I always thought it was cool that two polar opposite twins were gods. Just like Clare and I...minus the god part.

Annabeth smiled to herself, as if sharing an inside joke with an invisible person (No, Percy is not wearing her cap!). "Mine are definitely Poseidon and Athena!" I was surprised! Annabeth was the biggest mythology nerd, she should now Athena and Poseidon were believed to hate each other! When she saw my confused look, she smiled and said, "I think that if they weren't enemies, they would make a great pair!"

I was about to respond when our friends came running over. They were both couples and I was still getting used to my sister having a boyfriend. Sam and Henry came running over first. Sam/Samantha planted a quick kiss on her boyfriend's cheek before letting go of his hand and talking to Annabeth. Next, Claire and Jay walked over talking about the date they were going on to the movies in a couple days. She jumped up and down excitedly which made Jay start to hysterically laugh...okay maybe they were a kind of cute couple.

"Annabeth! I heard there was a cute new guy at school! Forget about that fake boyfriend of yours, you should totally ask him out!" Sam said and Claire looked at me with sympathy. She knew about my giant crush on Annabeth and that I was too nervous to admit it. But if I waited too long, I could be too late! It was a lose-lose situation!

"I told you guys that I already have a boyfriend!" Annabeth protested. It was pretty obvious that she liked me and I assumed that her "boyfriend" was just a placeholder for me. "I do not care how good looking this jock may be, there is no way he is as caring, loyal, or funny as my boyfriend!" I blushed and quickly hid it, I couldn't let Annabeth know that I knew she was talking about me yet! If she did, I'd have to ask her out sooner!

Suddenly, that new boy walked around the corner. He wasn't even looking towards us and Annabeth smiled bigger than I have ever seen her smile before! She immediately sprinted towards him and jumped on his back. WHAT!?!?

He yanked her off of his back and looked like he was about to scream at her. She smiled up at him and his face lit up, "Wise Girl!"

"Seaweed Brain!" She responded excitedly. Then they did something unexpected, they kissed. No! She dragged the new kid over to us and said excitedly, "Guys, this is my boyfriend, Percy Jackson!" She hugged him and I had never seen her looking so...freely vulnerable. Before he could hug her back, she grabbed his arm and judo-flipped him. She looked, smirking, at him on the ground and said, "That is what you get for not telling me you were coming, idiot!"

I faked a laugh, but I really felt like I might cry. How could I ever get my beloved Annabeth when my competition was this guy? He was perfectly tanned with a strong build, sea-green eyes that seemed to swirl like a tornado, and floppy black hair that fell over his face. Plus, Annie had already chosen him, like Claire had said, I was too late.

But, Annabeth was my one true love, I need to convince her of that! Maybe their relationship wasn't as perfect as it looked? Maybe Percy was hiding something? He didn't look as loyal of a guy as Annabeth had portrayed him as... Now all I needed to do was show Annabeth how untrustworthy he was. After she dumped him, she'd be broken, and I'd help heal her!