Hannah Frizzle - Frazel

Hannah Frizzle:

Hi! I am Hannah Frizzle! I know it is a weird name and when I was younger I was always teased that I was Ms.Frizzle's daughter from the magic school bus. I have pale skin that never tans but always gets burnt in the sun, frizzy red hair, and dark brown eyes.

On the first day of school I walked in, and a couple of boys yanked me into an empty classroom. "Hope you don't mind a black eye or two, nerd!" The biggest boy punched me in the face and they started kicking me. When I was lying on the floor, withering and screeching in pain, they decided it was enough. "See you tomorrow, loser! Same thing same time!" They marched out of the room.

The next day, the same thing happened. I was running to my locker when they yanked me into an empty classroom again. This time, some of the popular girls were there too. "Hey babe!" The head of the 'popular girls' grabbed the biggest jock and pulled him in for a kiss. They kissed for a minute before she looked at me and walked over. "Hey loser! My boyfriend over here is going to show you your place and I'm gonna watch, so if you tell anybody about this, I'll be Jakey's witness against you!" She sat down on a desk and watched as they kicked, punched and hit me. When they finished, the girl was laughing and started making out with 'Jakey'. I was too weak to get up, so two boys stuffed me into the classroom's closet and locked the door. (I really want to make them get in an accident and die, but that is irrelevant to the story so...)

I was banging on the door for what felt like hours when somebody came to let me out. I looked up to see a Chinese-Canadian boy with brown eyes and a buzz cut staring down at me. He quickly picked me up bridal style and ran me to the school nurse. He stayed with me until he knew I was okay and he introduced himself as Frank.

From that day on, he hardly ever left my side. I knew there could be only one explanation for that, he had feelings for me and couldn't stand to see me get hurt! I felt the same way towards him and every day I waited for him to confess his love.

"Heeeeeey, Frank!" I skipped up to him at dismissal.

"Heeeey, Hannah!" He mocked my long 'hey'.

"Do you want to come to my house to work on our science project now?" I asked.

"Sure, can I drive with you since I was dropped off at school today?" He responded.

"Of course!" Yes! More alone time! Maybe he would make a move today!

"Great!" Frank and I loaded into my car and I turned the radio on. Girl on fire came on and for some reason Frank started cracking up, "Sorry, my friend loves this song and sings it 24/7!" Um...okay?

"THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE!" We screamed the chorus in unison and laughed harder. We really were perfect for each other! I couldn't wait to share our first kiss tonight!

We walked into my house where my mom was baking a tray of cookies. "Oh! You must be Hannah's friend, Frank! I'll bring you guys some cookies in a few minutes!"

"Thank you Mrs. Frizzle! It is so nice to meet you!" Frank responded politely.

"What a gentleman!" Mom murmured. He really was!

I smiled and led Frank to my bedroom. My room's walls were painted a light yellow with sunflowers on them. I had always been a sunny person. Pretty much everything in my room was yellow and white. I had a white desk with a yellow lamp resting on top. The comforter was white with an assortment of yellow flowers including a giant yellow rose in the center. Frank seemed impressed.

We had a seat on my fluffy white carpet and started our work. My mom brought us some cookies that we stuffed in our faces. When we finished, Frank still hadn't kissed me. We moved onto the bed and talked for a little. We talked about small and random things, but our conversation flowed so easily.

He laughed and looked at me, our faces close together. I closed my eyes and leaned forwards, waiting for my soft lips to smash into his. Nothing came. I quickly opened my eyes, afraid he would be looking at me with disgust, not feeling the same way. When I opened them I saw that he had just been distracted by his phone. I guess it just wasn't time yet.

"My ride will be here in a minute." Frank told me as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Maybe you can stay a little longer!" I said flirtatiously. I inched closer so that our legs were touching. I put my hand on his leg and closed my eyes, puckering my lips. *Barf*

Just then, the doorbell rang and we both jumped up. Frank smiled, but I frowned. Why did this person have to come right before I could make out with the boy of my dreams?

I opened the door and a beautiful girl stood there smiling at me. She had chocolate skin and curly hazel hair that made her sparkling gold eyes pop even more. Why did she have to be so pretty? "Hi! You must be Hannah! I'm Hazel!" She reached out her hand for me to shake it.

I reluctantly did and said, "Hi! It's nice to meet you! I'm assuming you are here to pick up Frank?" She nodded and I smirked at her, "Can you give us five more minutes please?"

"Of course! Sorry, I thought you guys would be done with your project by now!" She turned to walk back to the car and realized that she looked about fifteen, not old enough to drive. Then I saw another boy sitting in the driver seat of the car. He has curly brown hair, mischievous eyes, and a Latino complexion. Good! That must be her boyfriend. (EW!)

"No! Were done!" Frank pointed out and Hazel stopped walking away. She turned and came back to the door. Frank turned to me and said, "Why do you still need me?"

I glanced back and forth between Hazel and Frank before responding, "This is awkward to say in front of your friend, but we were about to kiss and I have been wanting to do that with you for a while now!" Hazel looked disgusted and Frank looked shocked.

"You thought I was about to kiss you?" He demanded.

"Well, yeah!" I replied.

"Hannah, you are my friend and all, but I don't like you that way..." Frank told me. My face fell and my heart felt completely broken.

"But, you d-do!" I stuttered, biting back tears.

"No. I'm sorry, but I love another girl!" He responded. A few tears leaked down my face.

In a matter of seconds, my sadness turned to anger. "And who is this girl? I doubt she even loves you back!"

"I am!" Hazel answered for Frank. "And I love him with all of my heart!" Frank surged forwards and kissed her, I couldn't look.

Now tears were streaming down my face as I slammed the door and raced up to my room, my heart was shattered. I couldn't believe that my one true love didn't love me back. I'd never find the perfect person!

The next day at school, Frank tried to talk to me. I ran past him and cried in the bathroom for the rest of the day. That stupid Hazel girl had to come and ruin EVERYTHING! (You MONSTER! How could anybody in their right mind hate sweet Hazel?)