Anna Ray - Thalia+Percabeth

Anna Ray:

My name is Anna Ray and I am a student at Overhill High. I have long black hair, dark brown eyes and coffee colored skin. I am best friends with one of the most popular girls in school, Annabeth Chase.

I work at an outdoor cafe over the weekends and Annabeth told me that she would be meeting her boyfriend and one of her oldest friends there today. I couldn't wait to see her and I made her make a reservation at a certain table just so that I could be her server.

I had never met her boyfriend, but I knew his name was Percy Jackson. The reason I made her give me his name was so if he got their first I could show him to their table and he would not have to wait.

Annabeth had just texted and told me that she would be late but her boyfriend and friend would still be there at the planned time. I decided I would just observe him from a distance and make sure he was worthy to be the boyfriend of my best friend. Now, all I needed to do was wait for them.

Suddenly, I heard screaming and saw two teenagers running towards our little shop. "You are so dead, Jackson!" The spiky black haired girl screamed to the sea-green eyed boy who was a little bit in front of her.

"You wouldn't dare, Grace!" The boy called back to her.

"Do NOT call me 'Grace'! And if you don't give me my bow back you will be in the infirmary for the next five months!" The girl threatened and I saw the boy sigh before tossing her a... weird looking ruler?

They both calmed down and stopped in front of me and the boy smiled. "Hey, my name is Percy and my girlfriend has a reservation here. Um... her name is Annabeth Chase. Do you know her, she said her friend was a waitress?" I gasped. This was Percy Jackson, Annabeth's boyfriend!

"Yeah, she is my best friend and I made her tell me your name so I could set you up at your table when you got here! Follow me, I'll show you two to your spot!" I smiled at him and ushered them over to an empty table. There were already cold waters on the table so I left them alone and may have stalked them from a distance.

"Come on Perce, we all know that Mulan is better than The Little Mermaid!" The girl said.

"Seriously, Thalia? That is not true! Plus, Finding Nemo is better than both of them!" Percy debated with her.

"Gods! You and your obsession Finding Nemo!" 'Thalia' moaned.

"Wanna arm wrestle?" Percy asked randomly.

"You can be almost as ADHD as Leo sometimes!" Thalia commented. "But, sure! Why not? Prepare to lose, Jackson!" Thalia agreed and I wondered why a girl that looked to be a few years younger, thought that she could beat such a muscular looking older boy. I guess I would just have to watch and see.

They grabbed hands and put their elbows on the table. I could see Thalia and Percy both trying as hard as they could to push the other person's hand down and neither of them were succeeding. After a whole two minutes, Percy finally managed to push her arm down onto the table and I realized that even after the intense contest, neither of them had broken a sweat. Weird!

"HA!" Percy laughed and in response, Thalia spit water in his face. To my surprise, he didn't even flinch.

"DAM, I'm hungry!" Thalia moaned.

Percy chuckled and replied, "I can't wait to get some DAM food!"

"Do you think that they have a DAM snack bar here?"

"I doubt it. But they might have some of Grover's favorite DAM enchiladas!"

"Perce, do you know where the DAM bathroom is?"

"The last time I passed the DAM bathroom, I tried to kill Rachel!" They were both hysterically laughing. But when Percy said, "kill," Thalia's eyes darkened and she looked incredibly sad.

"I miss her so much!" Thalia said. "Zoe was so annoying, but she didn't deserve it!"

"I know... But she will always be with us when we look to the sky at night!" Percy replied to her sadly. I wondered what happened to this "Zoe" person. Could she have been a friend that died and they thought that she was looking down at them from the night sky?

"I just wish she could look up to the sky with us every night, instead of us looking up at her!" Thalia responded, her voice filled with guilt and sadness. Percy hugged her and she smiled at him, "You may be a DAM idiot, Kelp Head. But I love you!"

"I love you too, Pinecone Face!" Percy smiled down at her. I was shocked, then sad, then pure angry. My best friend's boyfriend was cheating on her with her friend! I would tell her the second that she got here and make sure she stays away from those rats!

"And she did unintentionally come up with the best DAM joke ever!" Both were now laughing, but a little more sadly now.

I saw Annabeth arrive and immediately started to rush over to Percy and Thalia. She looked so happy to see both of them and I couldn't understand how they could ever bear to hurt her like that! It was so disgusting and evil!

As I was approaching, I heard Thalia say, "DAM, Annie! Where have you been?" Like you weren't happy that she wasn't there! I bet that if Annabeth hadn't come, Thalia and Percy would have been kissing and enjoying the time that she wasn't there.

"Not this again! You better stop with those DAM jokes, Perseus Jackson!" Annabeth complained jokingly.

"I will never stop telling my DAM jokes, Wise Girl!" Percy countered.

"Hey, Annabeth, can I talk to you?" I interjected. She shrugged as if saying, 'Go ahead!' "Preferably alone?" I added. She stood up and followed me away from the table. I led her to my favorite spot, the slushie machine, in case she needed something that is always good after hearing the horrible news.

"An! What's wrong? You look like you might cry!" Annabeth hugged me and I felt guilty that she was comforting me when I should be the one comforting her! Did I look that sad?

"Annabeth, P-Percy is cheating on you with Thalia!" I said it as if I was talking to a baby because I knew that when my friend got mad, she tended to... explode.

In opposition to my prediction, she laughed. She shook her head as she responded, "Percy and Thalia are cousins and have one of the closest bonds that I have ever seen. Plus, Thalia would never even like him if they weren't cousins, she has a girlfriend."

My brother was gay, so that didn't bother me a bit, I was just surprised. I had been so certain that they had loved each other in more than a close family way, but I suppose that I was wrong. Annabeth was still laughing as she walked back to the table and left me marveling over the relatives' close bond.