fourty-four

KEKW ANGST LORE PREPARE YOURSELF LULULUL

- your mc characters pov !

i ran my fingers over the crying obsidian as we made eye contact.

"y'know, some nights, i look outside at the stars on a dark night; i feel as if there could be neither wickedness nor sorrow in the world but every time i think of you, i seemed to be proven wrong. oh dream, you played such a good act.. what happened? why did you do everything you did?" i asked as he simply let out a small laugh.

"isnt it obvious? listen, y/n, they had all these separate nations, all desperate for power. the power that i had for the majority of my life, why would i give it all away so easily?" he asked as he sat on the chest he had sitting in the corner. i looked at the lava before answering.

".. did you have to hurt that many people in the process?" i asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"it gave me power, didnt it? even in prison, people fear me. i still have power, whether they realize it or not." he spoke as we made eye contact.

"well.. sure? but, you hurt me too dream. i dont know if i could ever forgive you." i admitted as he furrowed his brows.

"of course you can forgive me, im your brother! you have to, how do you think mom would feel?" he asked as i looked down.

"you always play that card, im not falling for it! i didnt even know her!" i argued as we made eye contact, i pulled my shoulder away from him as he laughed softly.

"but you do." he smiled menacingly. i furrowed my eyebrows.

i only knew what dream told me of her, i didnt even know her name. he had described her as a strong woman, she had long brown hair and her eyes were a shiny light blue. she wore a red blazer with yellow trims that almost fooled everyone into thinking it was gold. she had black trousers in many pairs, all that looked brand new, which had suited the black saddlebag she constantly wore. she had never given up, he would always say i was the perfect representation  of her.

"no i dont, she died.. you told me she did!" i yelled as he shook his head.

"i lied! its puffy, its always been puffy!" he shouted as i felt myself freeze.

puffy? no way it was her..

"its not puffy.. it cant be." i shook my head as i muttered under my breath.

"it is! i fucking lied! she didnt want to have you by my side so she separated us, but look at us," he smiled as he hugged me. "we're together now, im your brother and no one can hurt you." he laughed softly as i wasnt able to comprehend what he just told me.

"VISITING HOURS ARE OVER!" sam yelled as i looked back at dream. he pulled away and waved as he returned to sitting in the corner on his chest. how was he so calm?

--

i stood beside ranboo, he had wanted to go mining and i decided to tag along.

"you visted dream today?" he asked as i nodded. "how'd it go?" he looked at me as i froze. i looked at him before we both broke eye contact, i simply nodded again and continued to mine the gold ore in front of me. "that didn't answer my question." he stated as i sighed.

"it was fine. the usual visit," i spoke, anger filling my voice. this visit was anything but usual, "just uh, he told me some news and i dont really know how to feel about it." i finished as he put aside his pickaxe.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked as i thought it over. i could trust ranboo. i nodded as i sighed.

"why is he the way he is? he lied to me! he told me my mom died, he lied.. shes not dead, shes alive! why would he lie?" i asked as my eyes were watering.