Chapter 110: Hello, Dad? No, This is Patrick.

Zacznij od początku

"You better not," Talia chuckled as her eyes teared up.

"Cross my heart, hope to..."

"Shh," Talia pulled away, "Jenna, no, don't tempt fate."

"You're right... oops." Jenna tucked her hair behind her ears and smiled. "Right, Talia, you go and have a shower. I'll make breakfast. Elena and Jeremy should be up soon."

"She's left already," Talia bit her lip, "went for a run. And as for Jer... he's in his room, talking to Bonnie."

"Oh," Jenna chuckled. "Chocolate chip pancakes? Blueberry pancakes?"

"Both?" Talia suggested. 

"Sure!" Jenna grinned. "Sure, why not?"

Talia watched as Jenna looked around the kitchen and sighed. "Thank god you're back."

"Eggs... eggs..." Jenna walked over to the fridge and smiled as she began to gather a dozen eggs in her hands. "Jer will eat at least 300 pancakes. Go and shower... you'll feel better." Jenna looked at Talia and smiled. "I promise."

"Hm," Talia walked upstairs only to stop outside Ric's room. "Damn it." Talia walked into her room, taking off her top as she went.

"Hello, love,"

"Fuck!" Talia gasped, pulling her top down her head. "Klaus, you scared the heck out of me!"

"You didn't answer my calls and I was worried,"

"Battery died," Talia yawned as she walked over to Klaus. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Klaus caressed Talia's cheek, "my bed was awfully lonely without you in it."

"I've hardly slept so I'll sleep like a baby tonight, in your nice, warm bed..." Talia exhaled and nuzzled into Klaus's neck. "I love you, Klaus."

"I love you more, princess," Klaus sensed something was worrying Talia. "What's troubling that inquisitive mind of yours, my love?"

"I just-" Talia exhaled and looked at Klaus, "I- I- I'm finding all of this so so- so... bizarre. Like... how did I bring Jenna back from the dead? Did I really do that? And- and Jeremy? How? An-" Talia gulped as tears formed in her eyes, "and if I'm so powerful and can bring them back, how come I can't bring my dad and mum back? My grandparents? Why aren't they here with me? Surely they'd be the first person I'd be able to bring back?"

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Klaus cupped Talia's face with both hands and looked into her eyes, "I'm so sorry."

"Me too," Talia exhaled softly, "some things are just not mean to be, huh?"

"Let me take you away, princess," Klaus traced Talia's lips with his eyes. "Just me and you."

"Oh? Tell me more, babe..."

"The Alps. The mountains and the snow..." Klaus pulled Talia closed to him, "what do you say, love? Let me kiss each and every one of your worries away. Just me and you. Taking in the sights... spending time alone..." Klaus bit back a smirk as Talia shuddered under his hold. "What do you say, my love?"

"I say yes, but..."

"But?" Klaus enjoyed the effect her was having on Talia, who was now blushing as he ran his fingers down her back, making her spine tingle. 

"Hm..." Talia closed her eyes, feeling relaxed as Klaus made circles on her back, comforting her.

"I didn't quite catch that."

"I- not right now... not now that Jenna..." Talia looked into Klaus's eyes and sighed softly. "I really want you to take me away, out of this town, because nothing feels the same, not without my Dad being here. But I have Jenna and maybe she'll be the one who fixes Elena and I."