7 5 | J U L I E T

Start from the beginning

"Not much. They just made me clean their shoes," he said quietly.

"With your shirt which they ripped off of you," Colin added.

Eli sent him a glare. "I'm sorry. We've been training for months now but when they come for us, I get scared to do anything."

"Me too," Frida admitted. "I'm afraid they'll hurt me even more."

"Guys, it's fine," I said. "Relax. I'm a little disappointed you didn't do anything but I can't expect anything from you when I've never experienced what you've been through at their hands. We'll deal with your fears later. First let's hear what Colin did to them."

"Actually, it would be more fun if you see that for yourself tomorrow."

"In that case, I hope you won't let me down," I said. "I have high expectations." My face turned sour when I realized Boonsri was still here. "Explain why you couldn't get rid of her and had to bring here?"

"I'm right here. You can just ask me," Boonsri said, rolling her eyes. "I was going to surprise him by visiting after his shift but then I saw those five beating him up. He got in a few good punches and kicks and once they saw me, they left but I wasn't going to let Colin go anywhere alone so I came along. How long has this been going on?"

"He was never their target before but it started when he started hanging around you. Maybe you should stop your pathetic attempts at making Abeo jealous and leave Colin alone."

She smirked. "Are you sure it's not you who's jealous? Why so riled up, huh?"

I smiled in response. "Of course not. It's just I hate to see my friend get hurt because he's too stupid to realize you're just using him."

"You misunderstand me. I'm not using anyone."

"It's not like liars will admit to their crimes."

"And it's also not like innocent people will accept such accusations against them."

I huffed. "But I know your true intention."

"Innocent until proven guilty." Her satisfied grin was so annoying, I wanted to rip it off her face.

"She won't tell anyone about this place," Colin butted in, diverting the topic as he looked uneasily between us. "Right?" He looked pointedly at her.

"Yeah, whatever. No one will give a shit anyway." She looked behind me. "What's that?"

Whipping around, I quickly rushed to the computer and shut it off, not bothering to do it properly.

A moment later I felt her behind me. "Now what was that? Did I see something I wasn't supposed to?"

She must really enjoy getting on my last nerve. I whirled around. "This time is for the three to practice. As you must've seen today, they really need it. So if you have something to do with Colin, it has to wait until after we're done here. You're distracting everyone here so just leave."

"Really?" She said mockingly. "And who teaches them? You?" She laughed as she looked me up and down. "Do you really know anything to begin with?"

I grinned and stepped into her personal space. "Would you like to find out for yourself?"

"No," Colin interrupted, grabbing her arm and dragging her behind. She protested but I heard him whisper, "I don't feel like seeing you more beat up that I am right now. Don't doubt her. She will do more damage than what those guys did to me today if you provoke her."

She didn't sound convinced but relented eventually. Colin made her sit upstairs and when he came down I stepped in between him and punching bag. "You just spoiled my fun."

"I thought you didn't fight with people who don't deserve it."

"She was asking for it."

"She didn't know what she was getting into."

"At least I wasn't going to kill her which shows my amazing self restraint because that mouth on her is going to be death of her one day. You better tell her to stay away. And tone down on the protectiveness, will you? It makes me sick."

When we were done, they left in her car.

"I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing," I told Frida as we settled into Eli's couch with orange juice.

"Why not, dear?" Eli's grandmother came out of literally nowhere, making us jump. "She's so nice and pretty. Reminds me of my daughter. She was like her back in her teen years. Always so friendly and outgoing."

We instinctively eyed the tiny photo frame of Eli's late mother. "Yeah, she was definitely pretty." Frida said sympathetically.

"I doubt she was an annoying bitch like Boonsri," I muttered but Frida heard me. She subtly jabbed an elbow lightly into my side. I scowled at her.

Eli returned from his shower, his hair dripping wet and smelling nice. He stole a cookie from the plate in front of us. "What's with the mood? Did someone die?"

"Nothing, just talking about your mother," I answered.

He winced. "Oh."

His grandma rushed to change the topic. "Oh, your dad wants to take us out for dinner tonight."

"Great. We haven't been out together in  a while. We'll have fun tonight. Maybe even go for a movie later," he responded.

His grandma smiled at his excitement, then turned to us. "Will you ladies accompany us?"

"We'd love to but I've got to study for a test tomorrow." Frida said. Lies. She had plans with Aurelio.

"Me too," I said. I didn't know if I had a test or not although it wouldn't be a problem if there was one. I just didn't want to suffer through intruding upon a family dinner.

"That's a shame. You should come along next time."

"Definitely."

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!