NI-JU YON

I felt a vibration in my bag, opened it, and saw Raiden's missed calls and texts; I looked at Mister Ren, who was also staring at me. The phone rang again after a few moments. "Don't mind me, take the call," he said cheerfully. "I apologize, it will only be a moment," I explained as I moved away from the CEO.

"Hey, Kerstein!" Raiden said as soon as I answered the phone. "Greetings, Sir Jin," I said, and the other line went silent.

"Raiden? I mean Sir- I'm at work right now, we should separate work and private life," he exclaimed, frustrated. "I thought we agreed by first name and casual basis," I explained, hoping he would understand.

"I can't believe you, Kerstein, I was Raiden last time and now I'm Sir Jin," he sighed. I exclaimed, "Sir Jin!"

He then laughed, and I could not believe this man could be so controlling. "Anyway, I would like to meet up with you at six o'clock, would that be okay? I hope I am not intruding on your time," he inquired. "That would be fine," I responded.

He exclaimed joyfully, "Really? I'll pick you up at the entrance!" What did he say as he walked in? That would refocus people's attention; this is such a mess. "Raiden, don't pick me up at the entrance; instead, pick me up at the convenience store nearby—" I was cut off by the dying line.

"Hello? Raiden- Raiden?" I said, fooling myself into believing Raiden had heard what I had said. I suppose I should text him; however, a notification appeared that my prepaid plan was about to expire. I took a deep breath for the sake of the land! "Kerstein, relax," I said quietly to myself.

"Is something wrong?" I heard a voice near my ear, and I turned around. I fell back into the distance, but I was still with Mister Eijiri. We stepped back as he cleared his throat and said, "Forgive me." As he looked down, he headed for the trolley and began to place the file on top of my desk. He smiled as he looked at me.

He sarcastically said, "I hope you finish all of these in a week." I smiled, "Oh please, Mister Eijiri," I chuckled, and the tension between us dissipated as we both laughed it out.

"I'll give you another chance, Director Wijndelts," he said, and I nodded. I said, "Thank you for listening, Executive Eijiri."

As the man walked out of the office, he said, "Make sure to consult me next time, Director." I nodded, "Understood," I replied.

I started doing all of my work; I needed to get busy and not delegate my responsibilities to others. I started with the most essential issues, such as a lack of facilities, poor maintenance, and poor customer service. I completed the necessary paperwork and signed the necessary documents. I did not hire a secretary because I am the least busy bee in the Heads. As time passed and lunch approached, I simply ordered a rice meal from the comfort of my own home.

I cannot seem to concentrate on what is going on; I am tired and confused. Aia did not invite me to lunch, so I assume she is taking a break. I continued working while eating; no one came into the office later that day except the Head's secretary, who handed out some handouts. I stretched out as I finished the last sip of my coffee after finishing a fourth of my files for the day; I went to my room and changed into the dress given to me early this morning.

It retouched my face and looked in the mirror at me. It fit perfectly as if it had been tailored specifically for me; I then checked the time; it was five minutes to six. The Head Executive's Office and mine are above the entrance, so I looked out the window below. I noticed a gentleman there, dressed formally and wearing his brooch. I could not believe what I was seeing; Raiden was already waiting for me at the entrance.

I snatched my bag and stormed out of my office. When I saw Executive Eijiri, I just gave him an awkward smile and bowed my Head. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I stepped out and adjusted my pace as I approached Raiden. He looked dashing just sitting in his car. He came up behind me and pulled me into a tight hug as soon as he saw me. I smiled as he smiled back. People staring made me feel uneasy. I patted his back and then let go.

"People are staring, I feel uncomfortable, Raiden," he frowned, and I whispered; he just chuckled and led me inside his car. Someone handed me a bouquet of white roses with a note that read, "I'm worthy for you." I smiled and complimented, "You got here fast, Raiden?" he chuckled.

"How come?" I inquired. "Nothing," he said, shaking his head, "You just called me Sir Jin a few moments ago, then it's back to Raiden, you're really amusing me, Kerstein."

"Remember our system, Dearest Sir," I explained, "You are still a Knight, someone from the Hierarchy, and I am just me, a Middle Born, someone from the Sector."

"Returning to my question, what time do you arrive? I looked outside my window and you're already here?" I inquired. The man confidently announced, "I was here about a quarter ago, I finished all my tasks early, Giovanni had the other cases in his hands, he can handle it." I sarcastically teased, "Really? Did you miss me that much?" He fell silent.

"Don't worry, I was just kidding," I said to defuse the situation. "Where are we going?" I inquired as he began driving.

"You'll know when we get there," he said, brushing his hair away from my face and giving me butterflies in my stomach. "You're making things harder for me, Raiden." I complained looking at him with an embarassed face.

"I like things that way, hard." The man winked at me and started dragging me out, "Excuse me, Mister Jin!" He only chuckled and ignored my remark.