GO

"Well, I shall see everybody at their offices. Kerstein, switch your office to the Penthouse. You shall start behaving as a Director now." Mister Palmer announced. I bitterly smiled. "O- Of course, Mister Palmer," I replied.

I then slightly bowed and asked to take my leave. I should go down; it is quarter to five, everyone should be preparing to leave. I headed for the elevator then pressed the four button. As the doors open, the office turned their heads on me. After a few seconds of whys in my thoughts, the elevator once again opened.

"Greeting, so Miss Wijndelts here shall be your new Director for Special Concerns, per the House of Common's order, also you shall have your new Head Executive." Everyone was shocked by what they heard from Mister Palmer. I lowered my head. "Understood,"

Of all a sudden, everyone surrounded me and hugged me then congratulated me. They were happy and were full of delight. I felt cramped, and I hate being surrounded by people, but this is the first; I was crying for joy; I did not know the reason.

Maybe it was because I felt appreciated for the first time, not because of where I came from but because of my hard work. As they stepped back, Aia approached me last; she looked at me, also crying.

"W- Why are you c- crying?" I asked her, I should be crying a fountain now, yet she cried and cried. Everyone laughed. "I- I am so happy for you!" She shouted, pulling me into a tight hug.

I just tapped her back. "I guess, everything's fine now," Clarissa commented. I just smiled at her. "By the way, Mister Palmer, who's the new Head Executive?" Aia's mood changed in a split second, and plastered on her face is a nervous expression; she is expecting something again.

Everyone had their gaze from Jenny then to Mister Palmer. "You'll know, soon enough." Mister Palmer stated. "Right? Miss Wijndelts?" He questioned. He gave me a don't-tell-them-about-it look; I laughed in my head. I gave a reassuring smile.

"I shall take my leave." He announced, but after a few steps, he stopped then turned to us again. "Miss Wijndelts, I shall expect your appearance at the Noble Lord's Inauguration." He continued.

Now everyone was dumbfounded, so am I. He did not have to declare that publicly. He headed for the elevator, chuckling. Aia playfully slapped my shoulder. "Hey, you're such a cheat, you should bring me too!" She exclaimed. "I wish I could, but sorry Aia."

Everyone then went towards their stations. Aia dragged me off to the porch. "Kerstein, what happened there?" She was now wearing a severe face. I took a deep breath. "Well, I wasn't supposed to tell you this but..." I hesitated.

"I don't need such details, I just need the reason for the Head Executive's removal." She pleaded. "They didn't mention that, maybe he's part of it since he's the Head of all Heads here. He may take the burden together with him." I narrated.

She sighed. "Thank God!" She exclaimed softly. "Why is something wrong? Aia?" I interrogated. Ever since someone mentions the said position, she would be uneasy and uncalm.

She was pacing back and forth. "Do you know something? About this matter? Aia?" I snapped my fingers in front of her then brought her to reality. "O- Oh, nothing's wrong, it's just... Nothing, I'm tired let's go home early." She returned.

I took a deep breath, and I grabbed her by her hand for the first time in my entire life. She looked at it shockingly; she then glanced then held it. "I will be fine, Kerstein, I'll be right by your side. You always have me." She assured me while she smiled. She then hugged me. "Thank you, Kerstein." She uttered.

I patted her back. "I won't invade your privacy any further, Aia. You're just you, nothing more." I replied. She nodded. "You'll know soon, Kerstein." She muttered.

I just smiled in response. "On the other hand, Kerstein, the invitation will surely say that you can invite, it sometimes says that you have a seat or two reserved for you." She uttered. "If so, you can let me take that." She had sparkles in her eyes as she stated the sentence.

"O- Of course, I'll take you there, you are my best friend after all." She was then gleaming with delight. I just chuckled. "We should go home right now, we need to pick our dress up. The inauguration is a few days later right?" She raised a question.

"I suppose we should," I replied. "Then let's go." She dragged me to our desks and hurriedly grabbed our bags. We went to the elevator and got out as soon as it opened.

"I'll meet you at New Haven Square." She went to her car and drove off. I walked up to my car, Then started the car. "Understood," I drove off to New Haven Square and saw Aia waving her hand like a toddler.

I parked my car next to hers and got my bag. We then went to a boutique named MAXIMILLIAN APPAREL. Aia snuggled next to me and whispered. "I heard the CEO is a hottie, also a bachelor." She muttered. "Aia, enough of your fantasies. Find true love at least." She laughed it out.

"Greetings, Miss. What can we get for you?" Aia mentioned. "We need something to wear, a formal attire." She continued.

"Perhaps you're attending the Noble Lord's Inauguration." Aia gasped; she gestured as she covered her mouth with her hands. "How did you know?" She raised.

"Oh, People are going in and out to buy gowns, dresses, tuxedos, and suits for it. The theme is a Grand Gala theme with centerpieces, grand lighting, red carpets, and beautiful décor to offer a sophisticated atmosphere. They want an old and new combined fashion which they stated allows them to have a variety of decorating options. The colors are silver and gold," She explained. "I need that gold, Missy here on the other hand needs silver. She doesn't like to stand out." Aia narrated. Sometimes I think, Aia and I connected through some paths in our minds; everything was entirely connected. I suppose this is a great job.