NI-JU SAN

"Lady Wijndelts," I was shaken to reality when Kaylee called my attention. I shook my head. "Y- Yes?" I asked.

"You will be late to work if you doze off," She commented; I laughed awkwardly. "Oh, yes, I will take a quick shower," I said; just leaving the house with a body bath is uncomfortable.

"Understood, My Lady, we will prepare your bath; for the meantime, please follow me; I suppose you chose your clothes personally." She suggested. I nodded in return.

She guided me to the room before and entered the walk-in closet. There was a servant in each category of clothing. As I roamed, I thought of an outfit to wear. "Where are the skirt coordinates?" I asked; a servant stepped forward, giving me the clothes. "Thank you,"

I chose a beige coordinate and a black saddlebag. The top was a button-down long-sleeved blouse; the skirt was at least two inches above the knee. My shoes were beige block heels. We went on next to the accessories. I picked chunky gold earrings and a chain necklace. A servant acknowledged her presence, "Lady Wijndelts, the bath is ready." I nodded and went to shower. "Understood,"

After showering, I dressed myself up. To my surprise, the clothes fit me from top to bottom; even the heels were a perfect fit from top to bottom. I smiled in thoughts. They guided me to the vanity and applied powder, blush, tint and curled my lashes. "You both suit each, My Lady," Kaylee remarked; I smiled in return; Raiden and I are not in a relationship. I stood from my seat and went outside. They followed me, "A designated driver will escort you to the Tourism Industry Council." Kaylee instructed. 

"We prepared a beige body con dress," She handed me a box. "Thank you, Kaylee." I commended. 

"Will you be back, My Lady?" She shyly lowered her head in question. "I will be back," I replied; they opened the door of the car.

I hopped in the car smiling at them; as the door shut, I scrolled through my phone and dialed Aia's number, she immediately picked up. "K- Kerstein?" She started, "Aia, I am on the way to work." I responded to the line.

She sighed. "Thank God you are fine. Should you be resting?" She questioned, "I am fine; I will be there in a while." I explained, ending the call.

After a few twists and turns, we arrived at the council. I saw Aia in the distance. As the car parked, I was supposed to go out of the car when the driver stopped me, "I will open the door, Lady Wijndelts." I just nodded. He went out of the car, opened the door for me; I thanked him in return; I went out and headed in Aia's direction. "Kerstein!"

She rushed in my way and with brows furrowed. I smiled; Aia is worried and concerned about me; I roamed my eyes and saw the others frozen in their tracks; I was confused.

Aia hugged me tightly, I responded. "Why is everyone staring and stunned?" I whispered in her ears. She released me from the hug and rolled her eyes. "You dare to get out of a car owned by the House of Jin." My world fell apart; I just realized what happened.

"How did you know," I interrogated while dragging her inside, "The House Emblem was at the front of the car; it was grafted there, everybody saw the symbol of two swords crossed together." She exclaimed.

It did not stop people from whispering and talking about us; we entered the elevator and immediately went outside, heading to my office.

"What happened, Kerstein?" She asked, "Nothing happened, Aia," I commended. She raised her left eyebrow questioning my answer.

"Nothing happened; we are not in a relationship. Is that clear enough for you?" I complained that I would not say I like Aia's attitude regarding rumors and men; she does not trust me and believes others rather than what I am directly saying. "Nothing happened? Sir Jin stormed you out here unconscious, and here you are brought by the House of Jin's car, and you say nothing happened?" She raised.

"Aia, please enough of your dramas!" I yelled, making her shook. It was not my habit to yell; this is the first time I yelled at her. "I apologize; I will take my leave." She lowered her head and ran out of the office, leaving me. I slumped into my desk and sighed deeply. I thought about what happened these days; I should have followed Raiden's orders to stay home. This is a mess.

I heard a knocking on my desk. "Director Wijndelts?" I raised my head and faced the voice revealing to be Head Executive Ren Eijiri. I immediately stood up and smiled awkwardly. "Are you all right? Are you dozing off? You should have taken your days off." He suggested having a worried face.

"Is something wrong? What is the matter? Did the Knight force you to work?" He inquired with questions. "N- No, it is not like that; I forced myself to work; it is embarrassing to make the others work in my stance," I replied while crossing my hands waving.

"A little while, you were out here unconscious, Sir Jin brought you to his estate. You look troubled and confused, so I concerned myself with you. Did something happen?" He again asked. I smiled in return, "Nothing, it is just a thing between Aia and me; it will pass away with time." I responded. He still looked unsure.

I assuringly smiled, "We just had a fight, Aia's just nosy about stuff regarding men, I was frustrated, and my fear about people added to my aggressiveness; I apologize for my personality, Head Executive." I pardoned; he just sighed.

"I hope you take care of your health; the council does not need a sickly Director for Special Concerns; also, you have a stockpile of files here." He gestured, pointing at the block of papers in the trolley; it was full of papers; I smiled sarcastically, "Thank you, Executive Eijiri." I uttered in dismay.