NI

As time passed, Aia poked me. I looked at her with a confused face. "Let's grab lunch." She said; I nodded and grabbed my bag. "Where?" I questioned

"There's a newly opened Restaurant just a block away." I agreed. She dragged me to the elevator going down. As we were outside, swarms of people approached up; I instantly hid behind her. "Aia, you're a lifesaver! The Head Executive already heard about Attorney Laura's doings, they've called for a meeting at 3 this afternoon." My jaw dropped, "Not the Assistant but the Head?!" Aia reacted.

"Yeah, why, is there a problem?" Bradley returned; Aia cleared her throat. "N- Nothing." She replied. It is a first for Aia to react like that.

"So, where are you heading?" Asked my female co-worker. "Oh, you haven't heard? There's a newly opened restaurant just a block away, Kerstein here," She started dragging me in front. "I wanted us to try the food there. I checked it online, it looked decent."

"Oh, so you're Kerstein, are you new here?" With that, my body froze, and I felt knives stabbing my body. "H- Huh?" I reacted.

"What are you saying Clarissa, Kerstein had been here for a year already." Responded Jenny, another co-worker. I was dumbfounded. They did not notice me. After three years of devoting myself to work, even my seniors do not know me. "What are you saying, Clarissa, Jenny? Kerstein and I applied and got accepted at the same time 3 years ago." They awkwardly laughed.

"R- Really? I just saw you today." Edgar said. "Kerstein's desk is just in front of you three, you're too dense to not notice her!" Aia got her temper high again.

She is protective of me ever since we graduated College. I was a shy girl back then, also now. People tend to say I have less presence, so they do not notice me as much as Aia. I feel uncomfortable with other people; it seems awkward. Aia sighed.

"Kerstein, you should open yourself up to other people, you are my pride. Just look at you! You are beautiful in an entirely different zone, even I don't think you're not a middle-born from your looks." She announced. "H- Hehe, Aia, slow down there," I said, gesturing my hand forward.

"Let's go then, we only have an hour left for lunch, we need to prepare for the meeting later," Aia stated. "Why should we prepare? We're only just gathering and tell about Missy Laura."

"W- Who said prepare? I didn't say anything, I said air." Aia, who was stuttering and had beads of sweat forming in his forehead, uttered. "What's wrong with you today, Aia?" I whispered while I held her arm softly.

"W- We need to air for the meeting, the room might be tensed up, we need to r- relax, right?" She raised a question "O- Oh, yeah." Jenny and the other hesitantly replied.

After a few walks, we arrived at the restaurant; it had a vibe of gods and goddesses. As we entered, I gasped in amazement. If my parents were here, they would say that my eyes are sparkling with glee. I smiled bitterly at the memory.

"Let's go inside." Aia shook me; I did not notice that I dozed off as we were about to enter the area. "Alright," I replied. She dragged me off to a nearby seat.

"Here's the menu." A server offered. There were different varieties of meals that were served. I just picked pork cutlets with a dip. It was lightweight; I do not eat too much. "You're barely eating anything, yet you do everything," Aia complained. 

"You know I don't eat too much, Aia." She just sighed. They served all-out ordered meals. "Seriously, Kerstein? You should eat more!" Aia exclaimed. 

"Miss Kerstein, is Aia your guardian, or mom?" Jenny teasingly stated. Everyone laughed. "It may seem like that, Kerstein here is my one and only pride. She's my beauty." Aia reacted while gesturing her hands as if she was flaunting my beauty.

I lowered my head in embarrassment. I pulled her clothes slightly. "Aia, stop, don't embarrass me any further," I whispered. "Your patience, please. Kerstein right here hates being with people. She has severe trust issues." I pulled her clothes harder.

I am getting teary-eyed all of a sudden. I feel suffocated. "Excuse me," I announced while I rose from my seat. Aia looked at me with a worried face. I hurriedly went to the bathroom, as soon as I saw my face in the mirror, I puked. This face holds the fault of everything. "I hope you die," I mumbled to myself.

I washed my face thoroughly. I applied powder and a bit of tint. I got back from the bathroom. They approached me, standing still with a troubled look on their faces. "Are you alright, Kerstein?" Aia worriedly asked. "I- I am fine. No need to worry." I responded.

I sat, proceeding to take my seat. I continued to eat. The last scene made me lose appetite, but I still need to eat. I do not want to faint and be hungry. I forced myself to eat even so. "What is the meeting's purpose besides the scene with Laura?" Kassy raised a question. "They might dismiss her or something, anyway, we should be there." Clarissa returned.

"It would be just boring talk, besides having Missy Laura to leave." Jenny rolled her eyes. "Whatever, she has to leave instantly, she acts like she's the boss of everything, despite doing nothing." Aia continued.

I just took a deep breath. "I think we should get going, it's 20 minutes before 1," I mumbled enough for them to hear it. "Alright," Aia replied, smiling. Aia called for the receipt; we paid for our meals and thanked them as we go.

"We have to hurry, time flies so fast," Edgar commented. We headed towards the building as fast as we could. We hopped in the elevator and made our way towards our desk. "Let this be a good day,"