Newt- enemies to lovers- part 3

Start from the beginning

He licked my hand and I pulled it away in disgust.

"ewww Newt!" I complained wiping my hand on my shirt.

"Don't put your hand on my mouth"

"Don't lick my hand"

"You shouldn't even be here" he said.

"Oh shut up" I said.

I glanced down at his leg to see his trouser leg soaked in blood.

"Is that your bad leg?" I asked

"Yup"

"Take them off" I said.

"WHAT!" he asked "IM NOT TAKING MY CLOTHES OFF!"

"NOT LIKE THAT NEWT YOU IDIOT!" I retaliated "SO I CAN SEE YOUR WOUND!"

"Oh" he said.

I shook my head and got up walking to a wall covered in ivy. It would have to do, there was nothing else I could use. I yanked some ivy off the wall and carried it back to were Newt was. He had taken his trousers off, luckily it was dark so he couldn't see me blushing.

I tied the ivy above his wound to stop it from bleeding more. The cut was small but pretty deep. As long as he didn't bleed out he would be fine. The medjacks would probably have to stitch it up though.

He put his trousers back on and I helped him up. We walked around the maze, occasionally cutting ivy to mark our way, making sure to go in the opposite direction of the greiver screams. It was hard trying to help Newt to walk, we went at an agonisingly slow pace. I wanted tk move faster because of the grievers but I knew he couldn't. We just had to take our time and hope we didn't run into any.

We turned a right to be faced with a greiver. Just our luck! It was a half animal, half machine like creature. It had spikes, needles and all sorts of dangerous things looking out of it. It looked so monstrous, and didn't hesitate to try and sting us with one of it's needles.

"OH CRAP!" I said.

We turned to run but not as fast as I wanted since newt was injured. The greiver caught up to us pretty quickly, slamming my body to the side. Pain shouted through my side as the greiver crashed into me. I squealed in pain, blood trickling from my side. I tried to push the foreign creature off me but it was to strong and kept pushing me down. I looked to my right to find a stick about a meter long. I reached out my arm to grab the stick, shoving it into it's slug-like skin. The griever squealed and lifted itself of me. I didn't waste the opportunity to get away from it.I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I didn't really think about what I was doing, I knew my life was in danger so I just ran. Them I reached a cliff. The greiver was charging straight for me and I had no where to go.

And idea spring into my head, I wasn't sure if it would work but I had to try. The griever was still heading towards me, fear struck through me. My heart was pounding hard and my body shock uncontrollably.

"COME ON!" I shouted at it "COME AND GET ME!"

Just before the greiver reached me I ran to the side. It toppled over the cliff releasing an animalistic scream as if fell. I panted from the exsaughstion. It was going to be a long night.

I ran back to were I left newt and heaved him back up again.

"Bloody grievers" he said.

"Mhm" I hummed.

"You're not scared of anything are you ?" He said.

"What do you mean?"

"What you just did" he said "bravest bloody thing I've ever seen"

"Yeah well I wasn't scared" I said "I was terrified"

We kept moving around the maze all night. I figured if we kept moving we were less likely to get found be any more grievers. Hours and hours past of us walking aimlessly around the labyrinth. We ran into a couple of other grievers which we managed to lose. Newts leg looked like it was a bit better already, it stopped bleeding anyway. I still had support most of his weight and help him walk, his limp was worse from being dragged around by that greiver. I was relieved when the sky began to brighten from a black to a dark blue. The day was finally coming.

"I'm never going anywhere near those bloody doors again" he said.

I giggled even though I knew he didn't mean it as a joke.

"Hey are you ok" he asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Your exhausted, I mean you're practically carring me" he said.

"You're not that heavy Newt" I said.

He raised his eyebrows at me, his eyes gazed lower down and widened.

"Umm...Y/n" he said

"Yeah"

"You're not ok, your rib is poking out" he said.

"It's ok I just need to get you back to the glade and then we can sort things out" I said.

"Y/n F$ck me!" he said " I've got a worse limp.Your shucking rib is sticking out of you,that's not good" he said.

"Its fine I'll just push it back in or something" I said.

"Push it back in" he laughed "your bleeding too and you look rather pale"

"You were bleeding" I said.

"You stopped my bleeding,how long have you been bleeding?"

"I don't know Newt I don't have a watch"

"When did you get that?" He asked.

"When we ran into the first griever"

His eyes widened again, I'm surprised they didn't pop out of his sockets.

"Y/n that was hours ago and your still bleeding" he said "you have lost way to much blood"

"I know ok!" I stopped " just let me get you back first and then we can talk about it ok?"

He didn't say anything. He just kept silent.

"I'll be fine Newt but right now we just need to focus on getting back to the glade" I said.

He nodded in response and I sighed. My chest was hurting. It was more than just hurting: it was excruciating. But we needed to get back first.

We continued to limp along,slowly, making our way to the maze door.

Another hour past and the sky became faded from orange to a clear blue and the sun was visible. I had been following the ivy I cut down and eventually made it back to the doors. As soon as they opened I fell to the floor, taking Newt down with me.

"Newt!Y/n! Omg!" I heard Minho's voice.

Newt managed to sit up beside me. In hailing and exhaling heavily from running all night.

"Minho you need to get the medjacks now! She's a lot worse than me, she's lost a lot of blood and one of her ribs is poking out" Newt said.

"Shucking hell!" Said Minho.

"MEDJACKS!"

That was the last thing I heard.

Then everything went black.