chapter twenty nine

OMNISCIENT

The Gillespie household was always lively during the festive season and now that the Maynards alongside their best friend were back celebrating with them again, everything felt extra special. The Gillespies and Maynards were used to spending time together, and to say they missed it would be an understatement.

There was definitely no hard feelings and they completely avoided the topic from 6 years ago, only deciding to talk about current events and some things from when they were in London.

After watching Christmas movies together, everyone else retreated to their rooms while Charlie and Oceane decided to stay back in the living room for a while.

Meghan had let Tanya sleep with her in her room while Harvey was given the guest room. Oceane caved and agreed to stay in Charlie's room as he requested.

Now the pair was still cuddled up in the living room, a blanket wrapped around them both as they kept watching the movie playing.

"Thank you," Oceane mumbled, leaning her chin on the back of her hand that was on Charlie's chest to look up at him.

"For what?" he asked softly, looking down at the girl and playing with a few strands of her hair.

"Everything. Especially this. We haven't really been Christmassy since... yanno," she let out a soft sigh at the thought.

The girl then sat up slightly, Charlie frowning at the loss of contact between the two of them but shrugged it off quickly since they were still sitting pretty close as their knees were touching.

"I missed this," Charlie admitted. "I missed our families spending time together, I missed our Christmases, I missed you... us," his voice was soft, almost like a whisper.

It was as if it was hurting him even at the thought of it. He truly did miss the girl in front of him. The girl that held him like he was her most prized possession. Well he was, still is. He missed the girl that looked at him like he held the stars in his eyes. He missed the girl that loved him and although neither of them had said it- they both knew the truth.

"I missed it too," Oceane said softly, her eyes never breaking the contact with his.

It took everything in him not to just pull her and kiss her all over. After what happened the last time, he was starting to be more careful. He had to. He didn't want to lose her all over again.

That didn't stop his gaze from flickering up and down between her eyes and lips though, and he swore he saw her do it too. The girl definitely thought about it. The feeling of his lips on hers, she wanted it again.

Without a second thought, she put her hand on his neck and pulled him a little closer before closing the space between them. He was caught a little off guard, but shrugged it off and kissing her back. His hands found their way to her waist before trailing around and connecting on her lower back, pulling her as close as he could.

His grip onto her tightened, as if he was scared that she might just slip out of his grasp and he'd lose her. Deepening the kiss, Oceane let her fingers get tangled in his hair subconsciously. After what felt like forever, their lips broke apart and the blonde let her forehead rest on his as they both breathed heavily.

The girl moved slightly so she could nuzzle her head into the crook of his neck while her arms wrapped around his torso. Charlie's hands travelled around her before finding their way to her waist, holding her tightly just like that. The pair sat like that in silence, enjoying each other's presence until he shivered slightly from the warmth of air that escaped her lips as the girl spoke against his neck. 

"Merry Christmas."

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
short ish chap but here's an update :D

ALSO my luke fic is officially up! it's called "8 letters" check it out :D