chapter ten

CHARLIE

I walked with Oceane to the set and saw Madison with Kenny, Owen and Jeremy by the trailers. We walked over to them, our coffees in hand.

"Madi!" Oceane squealed, opening her arms out for the girl who instantly crashes into her embrace.

"How ya feeling?" I asked and she shrugged. "Kinda nervous but yanno, we good," she responded and I smiled.

For a young first timer she seemed alright.

"Okay guys, let's get some pictures," Kenny said and we all got into a huddle to take some pictures.

Owen stood behind us, Madison in between Jeremy and Oceane while I was right next to the blonde girl. Don't know how, don't know why, my arm just went around her shoulder as we posed for the pictures.

I was mentally cursing myself, she might not like that. She might not want that. And we're just getting back on track.

But she didn't say anything. So did that mean it was alright? Or is she just being quiet about it because there were people around us? So many questions.

After a few pictures we all broke apart and Kenny led Madison and Carlos, who was gonna be playing as Julie's dad, onto set.

I shifted on my two feet, until I heard Oceane say something.

"Why do you look nervous?" she chuckled, taking a sip of her iced coffee.

"Sorry if I stepped a little into your... bubble... earlier," I said, unsure of my words.

The girl simply smiled, shaking her head. "Well, friends hug each other and stuff, nothing wrong 'bout that," she shrugged.

Yeah, friends. For now.

I smiled, nodding at her. "I'm gonna go chill in Madi's trailer real quick," she said before walking off to the trailers.

OCEANE

Was he seriously all nervous about his arm around my shoulder?

It's probably because of what happened, the way I just had a panic attack during our conversation. Understandable.

I entered Madison's trailer, since she told me to wait for her in there if I'm not on set. I sat on the couch, looking through my phone.

That was when I came across a song I wrote a while ago. I do that whenever I needed to get something off my chest. Whenever I started overthinking, I would just write whatever I thought of.

Sometimes it had nothing to do with whatever was bothering me, it was kind of like a creative outlet.

"That zig zag shooting through my heart, that zig zag hit me like a dart. Electricity, electricity," I sang the lines.

I was probably loud, but I'm in a trailer. Who cares.

"Oh this love's tearing me apart, I keep running like a light from the dark. Electricity, keeps on hitting me, oh" I sang again, hitting a slightly higher note at the end.

I exited my notes, putting some music on instead. Wouldn't want anyone to catch me singing an original song now would I?

CHARLIE

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I unlocked it, seeing a notification from the groupchat. Owen had sent a video, just as I saw him running towards me with Jeremy.

They both stopped in front of me, slightly out of breath. "What happened?" I chuckled.

"Did you watch the video?" Owen asked and I shook my head. "Watch it."

I pressed play and then I heard a voice sing. I pulled my phone up to my ear to get a better listen. It's Oceane.

"Wow," I muttered as the boys looked at me, smiles on their faces.

"That girl," Jeremy said pointing to Madison's trailer, where Oceane was, "can sing."

I nodded, locking my phone and slipping it back into my pocket. "No doubt."

"Hold on– did you send it to the groupchat?" Jeremy asked and Owen nodded. "You idiot! She's in there!"

Owen's eyes widened in realisation and I simply laughed. He is so dead.

"OWEN PATRICK JOYNER!"

"Oh you better run," Oceane grunted as she chased the boy around the parking lot.

"Help me!" Owen yelled as he passed by us and I handed my coffee to Jeremy.

Within a second Oceane came our way and before she could run after Owen I held her back, my arms snaking around her waist as I picked her up.

"I am gonna kill him," she grunted, kicking the air as I held her up.

"Settle down now," I said, slowly putting her down but still holding onto her, knowing she would jump onto Owen at any chance she gets.

After a while of struggling, she calms down and I patted her head. "Good girl."