chapter twenty six

OCEANE

Late night shoots are gonna be the death of me. It's now 1 AM and I still had another scene to film with the boys in about 15 minutes maybe, but I really just wanna get back into the comfort of my bed.

I was laid down on the couch in my trailer, my phone blasting some random songs to keep me awake. Until I heard knocks on the door.

I turned the volume down and walked towards the door, opening it. I looked out into the darkness, finding Charlie standing there with a jacket keeping him warm.

I do not have the energy to do this right now.

"Can I help you?" I asked, keeping a stoic face.

"Can I come in? It's freezing out," he asked back and I sighed, stepping aside so he could come in.

I sat back down on the couch as he pulled the chair by the vanity and turned it around so he could sit facing me. We just sat there, Charlie looking down at this feet while I was looking anywhere but him.

He came to me, so I sure as hell am not going to be the one to break this deadly silence.

"I– okay I'm sorry," he said after minutes of silence. "I don't know why I got mad but I snapped and I shouldn't have said things like that to you, I'm sorry Des."

"I am too," I muttered.

I looked up for a split second, meeting his gaze before looking back down.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done. From when we were kids till now, I've pretty much been a pain in your ass," I let out a soft chuckle as I flicked some hair out of my face.

"I guess we're even then," he chuckled softly. I gave him a tight lipped smile with a small nod, "yeah, I guess we are."

•°. *࿐

"It's 7 AM, it's way too damn early for you guys to be screaming Mamma Mia at the top of your lungs!" I groaned, tossing a random plastic bottle at the general area of the boys.

We're still on set and I've had scenes all the way from 3 till an hour ago while these boys managed to get at least 2 hours of sleep. Now I'm laying on the couch in the garage set, the boys chasing each other around the piano while Charlie stood on it, singing Mamma Mia with his whole soul.

"Oh c'mon Des! Where's the fun in ya?" Charlie teased as I heard footsteps coming closer.

"The fun in me left 3 hours ago when I had back to back scenes unlike you," I huffed.

"Alright everyone, you have 3 hours of free time so Madi and Jadah can go do school. I'll have someone call you guys on set when time's up," Kenny called out and I have never felt happier.

I took the cushion off my face to see Charlie sitting on the table facing me but his eyes were on his phone. I kicked his knee, getting his attention.

"Wanna nap?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow at me. I got on my feet and started walking to the door.

"Do you wanna come with me or no Gillespie? I'm not waiting," I called out as I walked away.

"Alright alright, I'm coming!" he exclaimed, running right up to me before throwing his arm around my shoulder and following my lead.

I ended up dragging him up to Julie's bedroom set. It's a little dusty but the bed was definitely comfortable. Without a second thought I climbed under the covers and got settled in.

I looked up and saw that Charlie was still standing by the door, looking at me with an amused smile.

"Are you gonna cuddle me or what? I need my sleep bub," I said, patting the space next to me.

He let out a chuckle before sliding onto the bed and getting comfortable next to me. I smiled softly, laying down and leaning into his side as his arms wrapped themselves around me securely. He played with the loose strands of my hair as he hummed some sweet melodies in my ear.

Soon enough my eyes fluttered shut as I fell asleep to the sound of his soft hums and his steady heartbeat.

OMNISCIENT

It's been exactly 3 hours, and Kenny had sent Savannah and Madison to go find Charlie and Oceane while the Jadah and Sacha were sent to find the other two of the band members.

Savannah decided that they should go check the house set and the first place they went to was Julie's room, bingo.

"Aw," Savannah gushed, her head tilting as she pouted at the sight of her two best friends cuddling on the bed.

Madison had pulled out her phone, snapping a picture of the two of them before sending it to the groupchat. "I guess they're good now," she whispered and the older girl next to her nodded with a smile.

The younger girl walked over, tapping the both of them lightly to walk them up. If it was just Charlie, she would've been screaming and jumping on the bed to wake him up; but she knew better than to do that to Oceane because that girl can get pretty scary.

"Hey, wake up," she said when Charlie turned slightly.

He blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes before turning to the blonde girl in his arms. She had her face hidden in the crook of his neck, still asleep.

"Do we need to be on set?" Charlie whispered to the two girls who nodded.

"You have 15 minutes. I think I'll stand by with some coffee for Oceane," Savannah said and Charlie nodded in agreement.

The two girls then left Charlie to wake Oceane up. He shook the girl gently and she let out a small whine, wrapping her arms around his torso to hold him down. "5 more minutes," she mumbled.

He let out a soft chuckle. "Can't do that hun, we needa be on set in 15," he said as he slowly sat her up.

Oceane grunted as he helped her up, getting on her feet. She redid her ponytail before walking out of the room with Charlie's arm around her shoulder to lead her sleepy self to where Savannah would be waiting with coffee.