chapter eighteen

OCEANE

I got into Madison's trailer to see her and Charlie already sitting there, waiting for me.

"Yay you're here! Sit," Madison said excitedly, pushing me down onto a chair in front of them causing me to stumble back slightly.

I shot Charlie a questioning look and he shrugged. He had an acoustic guitar on his lap and Madison took her place next to him.

"Okay so we wrote this song and we decided to show it to you before Kenny so yeah," Charlie said and Madison nodded.

He looked at the girl before starting and she gave him a nod. I leaned back in my seat, ready to listen. Charlie started strumming his guitar and sang his lines.

"Step into my world
Bittersweet love story with this girl
Shook me to the core," he sang before looking up at me.

"Voice like an angel
I've never heard before"

"Here in front of me
They're shining so much brighter
Than I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave" Madison continued and I smiled watching them.

"The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony," they both harmonized.

This song was good. It has to get on the show, no buts.

"You set me free," Charlie sang, looking my way.

"You and me together, makes more than chemistry," Madison continued before they both sang the next lines together.

"Love me as I am
I'll hold your music, here inside my hands

We say we're friends, we play pretend
You're more to me, we're everything
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony"

They continued to sing the song until the end and I cheered, clapping.

"Guys that was great!" I exclaimed.

"We've been running around through our free time to write this and I am so glad you love it," Madison said, fanning herself with a chuckle.

"You have to show it to Kenny," I said, looking between both of them.

"That's the plan," Charlie nodded. "It could be for Julie's lil fantasy scene."

"Okay you two hang out, I need to go get on set. Peace out," Madison said, getting up and giving me a high five.

"Who knew you wrote, Gillespie," I teased, leaning back once Madison left the trailer.

He chuckled. "I had a lot of inspiration, since I now have my muse back," he winked and I tried to hide a smile.

I felt my cheeks slightly heat up and I turned away, the other end of the trailer suddenly seems more interesting.

"Nah, don't hide that pretty face from me," I heard him say as he put his guitar away.

His two fingers reached under my chin and pulled my face back to face him. At this point he was leaning on the table in between us, just to reach me.

I guess I never realized how close the distance really was, because now even from leaning a little bit closer our faces were only one slight move from touching.

We both stayed like that for whatever reason, simply staring into each other's eyes. Somehow I felt vulnerable, like he could see every little broken piece of my soul just through the window of my eyes.

It felt right, yet it felt scary. In that moment it was as if I had let my guard down, letting him in without needing a key.

I felt him move slightly, leaning closer towards me and I felt his hand then lean on the arm rest of my chair for support. I didn't move, I let him get close.

But he flew back onto the couch while I pushed my chair further back the moment the trailer door was swung opened.

"Oh great you're both here!" Jeremy exclaimed, oblivious about what he had just walked in on.

I shot him a smile, nodding. "Here we are," I chuckled awkwardly, pushing my hair behind my left ear as Charlie recollected himself in front of me.

"We're done for the day and we were thinking maybe we could go get dinner? Owen, Savannah, Tori and Madi will be there. I'll bring Carolynn of course, and Mr. Reyes isn't coming so we're the trusted guardians," he said to us, rather proud that Mr. Reyes left Madison to him and Carolynn.

"Yeah sure, we'll be there," Charlie said looking at me and I nodded.

"I'll just go get changed in my trailer real quick," I said, getting up and excusing myself out of Madison's trailer.

CHARLIE

Never, in my life, have I been so disappointed at Jeremy. But he didn't know anything so I'll let him slide this time.

"Anyways, I'll go change too," I said, getting up and leaving the trailer with Jeremy before heading to mine.

I got out of my Luke outfit before grabbing my stuff and leaving to the parking lot. I leaned on the door of the front passenger's seat, waiting for her to show up.

She came with me so she's leaving with me, period.

In about a minute I saw her walking with Savannah into the parking lot. I waved her over and she excused herself from Savannah before making her way to me.

"Let's go," I said, shooting her a smile which she returned. I opened the door for her and got in, sliding a quick thank you before I closed her door.

The ride home was like every other, we both decided not to touch on the topic from earlier and just chatted about everything else.

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
damn jer why u gotta cockblock liddat 😔😔😔

LMAO they rlly can never hv a moment huh