chapter fourteen

TW // CAR CRASH AND SLIGHT PANIC ATTACK

OCEANE

I walked down the street, waiting for my parents around the corner of the block. There were cars on the road as I looked around, hoping to see their car somewhere close.

I pulled my phone out, about to type in a text to my mom when I heard a sudden loud honk followed by a massive crash. I looked up to see that a truck had just crashed into a red car, right across the street.

It took me a minute, until I got a proper look at the car since it was already flipped over. I could hear my heart beat as my eyes scanned the plate number.

My parents.

I didn't even think twice running across the street, but I stopped in my tracks when it burst into flames. I felt as if my heart was beating in my throat as I covered my mouth with my hands to try and silent my sob.

I could hear the siren of the ambulance from a distance as I fell on my knees, barely caring about the fact I was soaked in the rain.

I shot up on the couch, gasping for air. I tried to keep my breathing steady, not wanting to get a panic attack in the moment.

"Hey hey," I heard someone say gently as they put their hand on my shoulder and my head snapped in their direction.

Charlie. And then I looked around the living room to see everyone else passed out. Right, movie night and then we all fell asleep in Madi's living room.

"You okay?" Charlie whispered, his hand still on my shoulder and I looked up at him.

Feeling the extreme need for comfort, I crashed into his arms and hid my face in his chest. Without anymore questions, he wrapped his arms around me as he slowly ran his fingers through my hair while rubbing circles on my back gently.

"You're okay," he whispered, planting a soft kiss on the top of my head.

It was now that I realized I had been crying, but that sudden reminder of the crash– definitely has me shaking.

My heartbeat was slowly going back to a normal pace along with my breathing. Even so I didn't wanna leave the warmth of his arms.

It was just the two of us on this separate couch on the other end of the living room, while the others were on the other two, the bean bags or the floor.

"What time is it?" I mumbled, still laying my head on his chest to listen to his steady heartbeat.

"About 4am," he said. "You should go back to sleep, c'mon," he said again, before helping me lay back down on the couch.

Turns out he had been on the floor, but I simply pulled him back down behind me. I was on the edge of the couch but I had my back pressed against his chest as his arms automatically made it's way around my waist.

"Don't drop me," I chuckled and I could sense he was smiling.

"I won't," he whispered and in that exact position of him pretty much hovering over me while holding me close, we both fell back to sleep.

•°. *࿐

"Shh shut up, you're gonna wake them!"

"At least we already got good pictures,"

"Boundaries–"

"Well they're in your living room who cares?"

I heard distinct chatters as I slowly woke up. I tried to move a little but nearly fell on my back, if it weren't for a pair of arms around my waist.

I looked up, seeing Charlie's eyes slowly flutter open while I was still snuggled into his chest.

"Hi," I muttered once he was awake. "Hi," he said back, his raspy morning voice suddenly making me feel more awake.

I looked away from him, finding our friends around the living room and watching us.

"Now kiss," Madison blurted, causing me to throw a pillow straight at her face. Not bad for someone that's pretty much half awake.

I released myself from Charlie and went to Madison's bathroom to freshened up. "Mads, I'm stealing an outfit!" I called out to her after a quick shower. "Feel free to choose anything!" I heard her yell back and I smiled.

Going through her closet, I settled on a hoodie while I stayed in my leggings from yesterday.

It's been a month of filming, and that would make probably two months of us all knowing each other. Yet it felt like we've known each other for years.

I heard my phone chime with a notification and I picked it up, going to the groupchat that we had with Kenny and Carolynn as well.

Jeremy sent a picture, in fact it was a picture of me and Charlie. He had his arm around me while I snuggled into his chest as I used his other arm as a pillow. His leg was also over mine, locking it from getting further off the couch.

Kenny was typing, and within a second his message was sent. "I think Savannah mentioned a ship name the other day, and if I'm not mistaken it's #ChOceane"

I chuckled at the text, putting my phone into the pocket of my hoodie– well Madison's, and walked out to see the others sitting around.

"Nice shot Shada," I said, punching his arm as I went into the kitchen to make myself coffee. "I know," he said, shrugging with a satisfied smile on his face.

After a quick drink we all left to our own places before getting ready to get on set.

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
this was a quick filler i guess with the lil info on her parents

ps; i just edited the cast chapter so if u want u can go check that out coz i like it better now :D