chapter twenty two

OCEANE

I walked around the set, looking for a certain young girl who I have apparently adopted over the time we've spent on set on together. And then I found a mess of curly hair sitting at crafty, stealing some brownies.

Yes, stealing. Grabbing some and shoving them down her pocket, thinking no one would see. Well I did hun.

"Well if it isn't the brownie snatcher," I said, causing Madison to spin around quickly and face me, hiding her hands behind her back.

"What who? Sheesh who would dare?" she said as she pretended not to know anything and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I saw you Mads, I saw you," I told her and she pouted, biting into the one piece in her hand. "You'd do the same Osh," she stuck her tongue out at me and I shook my head, chuckling.

"Now I'm bored and I don't have any scenes today so I dropped by but now I don't know what to do," I pouted, leaning my hip onto the table beside her.

"I don't know, write a song?" she randomly suggested.

"Nah, not feeling it," I sighed, picking at my cuticles.

"Oh! I know," I exclaimed and she raised her eyebrows at me. "I could maybe, I don't know, teach you the perfect harmomy dance?"

Madison's eyes lit up, but then she frowned. "I have a scene in a bit. But! Charlie doesn't," she wiggled her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

"You could teach Charlie."

"Teach me what?"

Speak of the goddamn devil. We turned around there he was, walking right up to us before stopping a few feet in front of me.

"The dance–"

"Madison! We need you on set!" one of the crew members called out, cutting the girl off mid sentence.

"That's me, bye!" she said waving her hands as she ran off. I waved back, a small smile on my face before turning back to Charlie.

"Are you done for today or are you on a break?" I asked.

"I have two hours, what's up?"

"Well we already have a dance for perfect harmony–"

"Let's do it," he cut me off.

I blinked at him, mouth slightly opened. "Pardon me?"

"Let's do it," he chuckled. "C'mon, we only have two hours."

•°. *࿐

Surprisingly, he learned the steps rather quickly. Kenny was here too since Paul was directing for now, and he added some stuff of his own.

But this one particular part made me wanna dig a hole and lie in it forever.

Somewhere in the middle of the choreography, Kenny wanted him to get on the floor and do a worm thing. Honestly someone come bury me in a hole.

"Okay let's try that again," Kenny said as we got in position and he played the song.

Charlie stepped out from between the mirrors, taking slow steps towards me. We went through the choreography, and for some reason I felt my breath hitch in my throat the moment my chest hit his back.

Alright, breathe. Focus on the choreo.

He tugged onto my hand lightly, forcing me to look back at him before leaning into his side. We pulled away, and now comes the worm.

He got down on the floor— word I lost it.

I snorted and started laughing, my head looking up as my back was arched. Thankfully, I straightened back up for the next steps. Before I knew it, the dance was over.

"Please tell me we're not keeping it. If I lost it what are we expecting of Madi?" I said to Kenny, trying not to burst out laughing again as I saw Charlie roll his eyes.

"Yeah we probably shouldn't," Kenny chuckled. We talked about the choreography for a while, before he had to excuse himself and left me and Charlie alone in the school gym that we were now using for dance rehearsal.

I walked over to the bleachers, going through my phone. I could feel Charlie's stare burning my back, but I didn't turn around. "Anything I can help you with Charles?"

"Depends," I heard him say and this time, I turned around.

He was already making his way towards me, before sitting down on the bleachers facing me. I was still standing, right in front of him in fact. "On what?" I questioned.

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the door of the gym opening as if someone almost fell right in. We turned to the doors, finding Tori standing there.

"Sorry to bother whatever was going on but Charlie, they need you on set," she said with a knowing smile for whatever reason. Seriously what is it with these looks whenever I'm with Charlie?

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
oceane be hella oblivious at times

i'm thinkin of a jatp cast + wdw (why dont we) book and tbh i already hv sumthin laid out in my drafts and i'm prolly gonna do it but what do ya think?