chapter nineteen

OCEANE

I had a long dress on that had a little slit on the side of the skirt, topping it off with my denim jacket before putting on some sneakers. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

"Cute and comfy," I muttered, leaving my hair down and taking my purse before getting out of my apartment.

Charlie texted me, saying he was waiting downstairs and that Owen and Madison were riding with us as well.

I got downstairs and I saw they were already there, waiting.

"Damn how long have y'all been waiting?" I asked, chuckling softly as I approached them.

"We just got down actually so not that long," Owen shrugged and I let out a playful huff of relief.

"Let's go!" Madison said excitedly, linking her arm with mine as we skipped to Charlie's car. The boys followed us from behind and me and Madison got into the backseat.

•°. *࿐

"There they are!" Jeremy exclaimed when he spotted us and we made our way to the table he and Carolynn were at.

"Were we late?" Charlie and asked and Jeremy shook his head. "We just got here like 5 minutes ago, you're good," Carolynn said, waving her hand. Next to her was Savannah and Tori.

I took my seat in front of Carolynn, Charlie on my left while Madison and Owen took the seats next to his. I turned to my side and there were two more empty seats.

"Are we expecting anyone else?" I asked and they all shrugged.

Without an answer or anyone questions on that, I switched the subject and we were all engaged in a conversation.

That was until I heard someone clearing their throat loudly behind me.

I turned my head around and I pretty much slapped my hand onto my mouth, my eyes widened as if it was gonna pop out of the socket.

I jumped to my feet, getting away from my chair before jumping into his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, breaking away from the hug.

"Well darn, I missed you too," Harvey chuckled, and I rolled my eyes, punching his shoulder.

"Surprise!" Carolynn said, clasping her hands together with a grin.

"Oh my– thank you," I said to her, a small pout on my lips before turning back to hug my brother tightly.

"Well shawty I'm here too in case you haven't realised– oh yeah you haven't," I heard a familiar voice come from behind me, causing me to break away from my brother once again.

I let out a gasp, before pouncing on the girl but thankfully, Harvey kept us both on our feet. Still not breaking apart from our, we both starting jumping up and down as I let out a squeal.

"Tanya," I whined, dragging the 'a', "I missed you," I said with a pout when we pulled away.

"I know I missed you too," my best friend said, tapping the tip of my nose.

Harvey turned around and it was as if he just realized who was in the seat next to me.

"Charlie," he let out, a clear sound of surprise in his tone.

The Canadian stood up, turning to my brother and gave him a nod, "Harvey."

Charlie proceeded to turn to Tanya and gave her a smile. The girl looked at me and I could tell she had a lot of questions.

"Anyways, I can see that the two empty seats are for you two so c'mon," I said, gesturing for them to sit.

Tanya sat next to me, Harvey taking the seat next to her.