15. Requested by @hungermazerunner - Thomas

You scanned around at all your friends gathered around the bonfire, cherishing the genuine happiness that could only surge after everything you've all been through, from the Maze to the Scorch, to WICKED headquarters, and now finally, to the Safe Haven.

The place wasn't anything more than a village near the beach, and you recall vague memories of always wanting to live in a place like that. Naturally, you couldn't have been happier.

Well... except for one thing.

There was always so much running around, escaping danger, being on the brink of death that there was no time at all for simplicities. And you never really felt the need for them because your mind was always so occupied with worries and constant fear. And now that survival was finally reached, your mind now had time to wander into the longing desire of adolescent euphoria.

Fulfilling the whole journey alongside a bunch of boys wasn't easy, and most of the time it made you want to bang your head against the Maze walls. But that also meant that you were exposed to vigorous young guys who were not only attractive, but also insanely brave and enduring. It would be easy to fall for any of them.

But you had eyes for one in particular.

He was constantly treated as a madman who only acted upon a situation without even thinking once about his decisons, and who only got you guys into more trouble. And sure, he was reckless as heck, but he was also one of the main reasons why you all made it alive. You admired his bravery, and his immeasurable intellect. He always found a way out of things, and how he did it was completely and utterly beyond you.

Thomas was cackling at something Newt was saying, and you didn't even hear what the joke was; you were simply caught up in that adorable display of pure glee, continuing to gush over the Runner.

You were certain Thomas was always nicer to you in particular, but you didn't want to jump to conclusions and quite literally embarrass yourself in case he didn't feel the same way.

Inadvertently, Minho shot up from his seat and raised his mason jar filled with the newer version of Gally's recipe—which wasn't much better in taste than the original. "Guys, I wanna play a game," he blurted out. "I wanna play a game or I'm out."

"Alright, goodnight then," you joked, waving your hand at him. This made everyone laugh and Minho's face was priceless.

"I'm trying to bond with you guys now that we have time, sheesh," Minho rebuked. "What a party-pooper."

"Fine," you said, rolling your eyes. "What game?"

Newt scrunched his eyebrows and looked up at him. "If it's that bloody Truth or Dare game you've been bugging about for the past week, then I'm going to bed."

You and the rest of the Gladers burst out laughing, knowing full well Newt had hit the spot.

Minho scoffed at him. "Do that and I'll dare someone to drag you right out of bed."

You weren't personally a fan of the game, but doing just about anything that involved Minho was crazy loads of fun in reality. Maybe you'd give the game a shot.

"Thomas, what d'ya say?" Minho urged him, and you turned to Thomas, silently begging he would accept.

Thomas thought about it and gave Minho an amused smile. "That game's so boring, you shuck-face, where do you even get these lame ideas from?"

Your face fell with disappointment at Thomas's words. He needed to lighten up a little, and you were so looking forward to see him enjoying himself after everything he had been through.

"Come on, man, don't be such a slinthead to me. I saved your pony-loving butt multiple times; you owe me," Minho retorted.

Thomas snorted. "My pony-loving butt and I are grateful, but unless you spark my interest, I'll follow Newt right out."