𝖙wenty - 𝖔ne

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

"MINNIE, I NEED YOUR ADVICE," Loralie abruptly barged into the professors classroom, completely disregarding the few students already there.

"Miss. Peverell, I'm afraid you are going to have to wait your turn," McGonagall told the girl, looking up from her desk where she was grading a paper.

"Sirius told me he loves me," Lora awkwardly whispered. Minerva stopped writing, picking her quill up off the parchment and putting it in the ink pot before looking up at Loralie.

"Well it's about time, Albus owes me ten sickles," McGonagall mumbled to herself, "and why do you need advice dear?"

"Because I don't know what to do," Lora said, walking to the other side of McGonagall's desk and sitting on the floor with her head against the professors knee, "I'm dating Amos and he's a great guy, but then there's Sirius and he actually gets me, and I don't know Mum, help me."

"Just follow your heart dear, do what you think is best," Minerva told her, brushing her fingers through the blondes hair to comfort her.

Loralie let out a soft whimper at that, hugging McGonagall's legs and burying her face into the bottom of the woman's robes, "what if what my heart wants is different from what's right?" She asked, her words muffled from the cloth.

"Then you do what's best for you," McGonagall advised her, looking down at the blonde softly.

Lora gave a conflicted cry, "tell me what's best for me," she said, looking up at McGonagall pleadingly.

"Unfortunately, that isn't something I can help you with, my dear," Minerva solemnly said, looking into Loralie's tearful amber eyes.

"Now come dear, get up, dry those tears, you still have class to get to," McGonagall said, standing up and trying to pull Lora up as well.

"Do I have to go?" Lora whined, looking up at the woman, "can't I just stay here and sit at your desk and observe the second years? You're doing the goblet rat thing right? I can help with that," she tried to bargain, keeping her place holding onto Minerva's legs on the ground.

"Loralie, you have arithmancy you need to be at in ten minutes."

"Yeah, but who needs numbers?" Lora rhetorically asked looking down at her lap, "I only took that class so I had enough OWLs to please Evelyn and Charles."