𝖘eventeen

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

ɪ ᴍᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ, ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

LORALIE PEVERELL WOKE UP CHRISTMAS MORNING for the first time while home, actually in her bed. She smiled over at Stereo who had balled up on her other pillow and softly scratched her head.

Lora placed a soft kiss on the cats nose before rolling out of bed and walking towards the window, wand in hand to do her new normal routine.

She had gotten ready for the day afterwards, really only brushing her teeth and hair then changing into leggings. She grabbed Stereo and went downstairs towards the floo, the small smile never leaving her face.

Lora grabbed her bag of presents and a handful of the floo powder and called out the home she had been calling out since she was a child, letting the green flames envelope her and take her away from her dreaded house.

Loralie arrived in the Potter manor and was instantly confused. On the couch lay a bruised and slightly bloody Sirius Black. She put Stereo and the presents down and rushed over to the boy, kneeling in front of him and lightly running her hands on his scratched up face.

She sat there for a few minutes, just taking in his horrid appearance and laughing lightly when Stereo jumped up on the couch and nuzzled herself under his arm.

But the moment was over when she realized where she was and what day it was. Lora stood back up and quietly made her way up to James's bedroom, jumping onto him when she reached his bed.

James jumped awake, springing foreword and accidentally throwing his cousin onto the floor, "every year," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes to wake up more.

Lora laughed at him and handed him his glasses, "have you and Sirius been doing the chant thing?" She asked after a second.

"Yeah, we just went back to sleep actually," James told her groggily, getting out of bed and heading into his bathroom.

"About that, what's he doing here? And why does he look so beaten up?" Lora asked, following after him but leaning against the wall outside of the closed door.

"He didn't say, he just showed up really late last night looking worse than he does now," James said, opening the door before washing his hands, "and we didn't ask afterwards."

"But he's okay now though, right?" She asked worriedly, looking up at him and biting her lip.

James looked down at his cousin with a fond smile, "he's perfectly fine, maybe still just a bit shaken up if anything," he told her, pulling the girl into a hug.