#35: Kiran!

"What are you planning?" Shefali questioned, turning amazed. She knew my abilities, and it scared her.

"Something... interesting!" I stared at infinity, my thoughts were entertaining me. "Annual function is coming," mentioning I shut my mouth.

------ Diary

"Annual function! What happened that day?" Questioned Shehbaaz, getting curious, but a ring compelled him to walk out as it was from his father. Neither were we able to concentrate as his call had turned our attention towards it.

He walked in a minute later, "he is searching for us. And asked us to return as its Haldi." He shrugged his shoulder, as it left him with no option. We stood from the couch, grabbed the pages and walked out. Ishika was staring at us while we left her place, I displayed a smile towards her. Assuring her none would claim that her sister had the wrong intention, I sat in the car.

From the reading part, it was clear she desired her wellbeing. And whatever she did would be in the best interest of Sana. Throughout the journey, my mind reminded of the Annual function. An only Annual function, I had memories of. The beautiful voice I heard that day, wait! A sudden realization crossed my mind.

Last night I heard Sana's singing and it was the same girl in our Annual function. The mystery girl, that was the name given by our school. A smile swept on my face, recollecting that beautiful memory.

######

I was walking along with Karthik in the corridor, on the ground floor pre annual function was going on.

Baahon mein teri aake lagaa

Mera safar toh yahin tak hai

Karthik and I glanced at each other, questioning. Karthik shrugged his shoulder, "wow! What a beautiful voice!" we heard random cheers.

People were walking in the direction, her voice had the charm to attract people.

Tumse shuru tumpe hi katam

Meri kahaani tumhi tak hai

The melody had a pain, deep inner one. I closed my eyes, my heart was beating fast. My legs wandering on their own account, searching for the voice.

Dil ko jo de raahat si

Tujhme hai woh khamoshi

As if she was singing my inner feelings. Her soulful melody was providing me with content, my eyes searching for the soul.

Sau baar talaash liya khudko

Kuch tere siva na mila mujhko

Why was my heart screaming? A sudden feeling of shattering, a small whisper of a sob. She was expressing her feelings in form of those lyrics. We all accumulated on the ground, none present. A speaker kept in middle, people giving each other a sleepish smile. As they had run like mad to glance at the owner of the voice.

Saanson se rishta tod bhi loon

Tumse tod na paungi... Hmm...

Her sobbed increase, and suddenly she broke into tears. She was crying miserably, and her pain was felt by others far away from her. Through we had no idea about her identity but her agony could be experienced by others.

For a few minutes, not a word was exchanged, silent accumulated the crowd. I was on the verge to leave, anticipating she won't continue.

Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chaahungi

Iss Chaahat mein maar jaaungi

Main phir bhi tumko chaahungi

Happiness was witnessed by my heart, the confidence she had in her love. Fortunate would be the guy, so have someone so beautiful in his life. But her pain described a different case, though the guy was lucky that wasn't the case with the girl.

Aankhen khule toh main dekhun tujhe

Sirf yeh hi farmaish hai

Pehli toh mujhko yaad nahi

Tu meri aakhiri khawahish hai

A drop of tear escaped, the song had the magic. Or was it her devastation doing the miracles in me?

Seh loon main ab teri kami

Mujhse yeh hoga hi nahi

Tum raise mujhme shaamil ho

Tum jaan meri tum hi dil ho

Shaayad main bhula doon khud ko bhi

Par tumko bhool na paaungi

Ho...

Mai phir bhi tumko chaahungi

Iss chaahat mein marr jaaungi

Mai phir bhi tumko chaahungi...

######

"Sid!" I heard Raghav's voice, that brought me back to the present. "Are you fine?" he inquired as I brushed the threatening tear.

"Yes," and walked out of the car.

"Shehbaaz... you won't mention it to..." Raghav was pleading to him.

"Don't worry! Not unless I get to know the real culprit, I think her diary will answer all questions." Gazing at the paper in my hand, I denied.

"This papers are not going to tell us what happened next," they looked at me stunned. "Nothing more is written! But I know from where can I get my answers," gaze fixed on me.

"Who?"

"For now, lets complete the haldi," I suggested as the marriage celebration was disturbed. Raghav wasn't convinced but Shehbaaz dragged him inside, surely he too desired the same.

I scrolled down my contact list, it had been years since I had dialled his number. Not even aware if he had the same contact, waited for someone to the response from the other side.

"Hello!" A faint whisper came to a hesitation.

"Hello! Karthik?" There was a pause for a second.

"Oh! Man! Sid... Siddharth! After so long! How are you, man?" I knew his reaction would be loud, I wandered into the garden. Anticipating the call would turn long to end, as we had years of conversation to cover up. "Where are you?"

"In Punjab! Attending Raghav's wedding, how are you?"

"I am fine, it took years for you to call me?"

"I can complain the same..." The conversation wandering every corner and finally mentioning the topic I called him for. "Do you know Sana?" Again there was a pause, "the girl in school. Who sang in annual function?" Hinting those memories that could remind him.

"Annual function! Yes, our mystery girl. I know her but why?" Sounding puzzled on mentioning her name. "Sid! I never conveyed it, but she had a huge crush on you. But I was baffled on finding no clue of her in the school nor of her friend, the singing was the last I heard." He had answered my unasked question.

"She was never found in school after it?" I inquired, causing him to doubt.

"Yes! But how of sudden? Hey, how you got to know about the girl? Did you found her?"

"Yes! In a state, you won't ever imagine and just want to know the reason behind it. As I know me being the biggest one," I paused. "Will convey it to you in detail some other day." Spoking it, I hung the call. Karthik hadn't argued, he knew when and where to trouble me with questions.

"Hey! Sid!" I heard a familiar voice and cursed seeing the person. "Kiran!" The one who was least aware of what disturbing meant. What was she doing over here? More problems on the way.

TO BE CONTINUED...

How was the part?

Hope it was desirable one...

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and share your views.