#33: Woh unique hai

Whole night my mind was wandering about the possibility the next day held. Shehbaaz had decided to move when rest would be busy sleeping, and we also planned it: we would wear tracksuits. If we end up late, we could excuse about the morning walk. The Raghav mastermind was at play, my hope was lying on the person who we were going to meet. The girl was in contact with Shehbaaz. She might provide us with some glimpse of Sana's past. 

"Did she stay here?" Raghav inquired, and I glanced at the house in front of us. 

"Hmm... she does," Shehbaaz sounded sceptical. "It's been years, I met her during school times. Ek baar phone kar ke confirm karte hai..." he was on the verge of dialling her number, but at the exact moment, she walked out of the house. "There she is," getting excited. 

With that, we got out of the car. The girl stared at us amazed, but on glimpsing Shehbaaz she passed a smile. "Shehbaaz tum yaha? Sana bhi aayi hai kya?" Showing eagerness to meet her. 

"Ha aayi hai, resort mein hai. Tum kaisi ho?" 

"Mera chod, Sana ka bata..." Her eyes turning most, "abhi kaisi hai uski halat?" Her eyes were showing the concern she holds regarding Sana. 

"Usko kya hona hai? Waise ki waisi hai," Shehbaaz turned sad. "Woh sab chod Ishika, hume tujhse kuch help chahiye. Teri behan Sana ki bestie thi na, toh tu uske past ke bare mein kuch bata sakti hai?" 

She diverted her gaze, "main kuch nahi bata sakti. Meri behan dost thi... mai nahi." 

"Toh tumhari behan kidhar hai? Hum usse hi baat kar lenge." Raghav jumped in between in desperation. 

"Woh nahi rahi..." She glanced at Raghav with despair. 

"Sorry, hum he pata nahi tha." I apologised on Raghav behalf. 

"I can't help..." she was on the verge to leave. 

"Ishika, Sana ki zindagi ka sawal hai. Mujhe pata hai you care for her, phir uska past kyu chupa rahi ho?" I directly questioned her as I could guess she lied. 

"Mai... mujhe nahi pata." She stammered and my doubt on her confirmed. 

"Ishika are you hiding something? Sana ke past ke bare mein janti hai na tu?" Shehbaaz questioned her. 

"But meko promise karo sach jane ke baad koi meri behan ko galat nahi samjhega. Woh bus Sana ki help karna chahti thi." 

"Woh hum sach jane ke baad decide karege." Raghav sapped out, while I glared him. Ishika was already getting nervous and he was adding more to it. 

"Hum nahi bolge tumhari behan ko kuch, but please hume batavo hua kya tha?" I tried to assure her so she could speak up. 

"Ap sab ghar ke andhar aaye phele," with that she turned inside and we followed her. 

She made us sit on the couch, and went inside. We were staring at each other with a quizzing look. And she returned a few minutes back with some pages in her hand, "your answers are hidden behind these pages, the entire Sana's past." She handed the pages to us, on a glance I knew those pages were torn from Sana's diary. 

"You tore this pages?" I inquired she bowed her head in shame. 

"Mere paas koi aur option nahi tha. Mai nahi chahti thi ki uske marne ke baad koi uspar blame lageye, usne apni jan tak dedi Sana ko bachane ke liye. Sach mein, woh sirf Sana ka acha chahti thi." She was speaking holding her tears back and soon left us with those torn pages. 

My hands were shivering as the past of Sana was before me. Was I brave enough to read it? As I knew I was the crucial element of her past. Every dot was connected to me, but building up courage I hold the page in my hand and started reading it.