#36: You!

Kiran rushed towards me, pulling into a hug within a second. A sweet smile spreading her lip, "I missed you so much." Murmured into my ears.

"What are you doing here?" Not able to wait for the answer to come from her. She broke the hug, disappointment could be seen on her face.

"Wasn't anticipating such a response, never mind." Shook it away, "it's Raghav's wedding. And I need to be present," I faked a smile.

"When you arrived?" I question, wandering towards the entrance along with her.

"Early morning! Was searching for you from then on, where were you? Nor was Raghav present, could only meet aunty." I nodded not providing her with the answer.

We passed the accumulated crowd for the ceremony, we had turn late. "Went for jogging?" She asked glancing at my wear, I provided her with another nod. "Come on! Sid... I know my presence hadn't delighted you, can't you fake it for my happiness?" Sadness covering her face, I sighed.

"It's not you, actually my mind is clouded with many thoughts." Expressing the real reason behind my silence.

"And may I know who clouded your thoughts?"

"Sana!" I heard a conversation of Mr. and Mrs. Gill going on. Gazed at the direction, both seemed stressful.

"How can it be possible? Sana won't be able to attend... Shehnaaz knows about her condition." Addressing his displeasure on it.

"I can't argue to it, Shehnaaz had kept away from her sister right from the beginning. All she wishes for is to see her sister enjoying her wedding. She is soon going to depart from her sister, Raghav had been informed about his stay in India. I am helpless before her wish," I walked listening to their conversation.

As I walked towards them Kiran turned baffled. "I apologize for interrupting, but I wasn't able to hold myself back. Shehnaaz isn't wrong and lets her fulfill her wish, it's her wedding after all." Expressing my view, and waiting for their response.

"But Siddharth... Sana can't..."

"I know she doesn't like people, but she will enjoy the function. And I will look after it," determined. "It's my promise," that pressed smile on the bride's parents.

"Would be always worthy of you," patting my shoulder. Spoked Mr. Gill, I looked away knowing the feelings won't be the same after the truth would unfold.

They both walked greeting Kiran beside me, "who are they?" Inquired Kiran as we could glance at their retreating figure.

"Bride's parents," I mentioned.

"You adore them a lot," I glanced at her. "Or you never trouble yourself with others' responsibility." She knew me well, as she was beside me for years.

"I adore their daughter..." It trailed off, and I walked away. Kiran no longer followed me and I was glad that I had escaped from her.

Only to get a tap on my shoulder and as I turned, my face was covered with something yellow. "As I know you dislike Holi, so will be the case with haldi."

"Mad girl! Haldi isn't to play with," infuriated by her actions as she had damaged my entire clothes.

"I won't mind unless those things irritate you." Giggled on seeing my annoyance.

"You're pretty aware, this is not an office. And I am not going to tolerate you." Giving her a warning look, as I searched for the paste nearby.

"And also I don't have the fear of resignation," mention triggering me more.

"I am going to provide it, once we are back." Able to find a woman carrying it, grabbing the bowl from her I ran behind Kiran. She yelled seeing my act, I was chasing her throughout the hall.

"Sid! Don't you dare to spoil my new clothes." Warning me with a mixture of fear.

"It would be great if you had thought it before triggering me with your acts." I wasn't letting her escape so easily.

We moved upstairs, people around were staring at me. I was surely looking like a fool, with haldi applied on my face. "You're going to face the consequences." Warning her, I was on the verge to catch her but that minute someone walked from the room, and banged with me.

I glanced at the face and it was of Sana, it stunned me. She lost her balance and was going to land on the ground. I held her tight by the waist, as she shut her eyes in fear. I was gazing at her with a smile, she looked adorable with the horror-stricken face.

She opened her eyes slowly, I smiled at her. Assuring she was fine when I felt something slippery below my feet. I was going to make her stand on her own, but as I moved it caused me to slip in another direction. Leading us both on the floor, Sana above me.

I cursed my faith, as I opened my eyes. Dark brown orbs were staring into mine, that innocence. I glanced at her face, she had a hint of haldi on it. Maybe my clothes were the reason for it, "I am sorry... For..." I raised my hand from her waist, to put the hair behind her ear. Slowly trying to wipe the haldi from her face. Brushing it from her cheek, my hand touching her soft skin.

Her eyes not leaving mine as if assuring herself I was present beside her. "Kullu..." A small whisper came from her, eyes slowly turning moist. The pain exploding in form of tears. I brushed it off, those never suited her.

"Hey, no tears moti." A smile covered her as she heard me mentioning her moti. She suddenly grabbed my shirt tightly as she heard some whispers coming.

"Oh! And you thought he was chasing you," came a laugh from Sara.

"He seems very much busy," Neetu di accompanied her. I tried to move not desiring to be a source of their teasing session.

Sana grip on my shirt tightened, moaning, and shook her head in denial. I gazed at her in concern, "why?" I cupped her face with one hand.

"Are you planning to stay over there?" Asked Sara, infuriating me.

"Shut!..." Was going to shout but for Sana, I calmed myself. "Help me Kiran please," not interested in talking to either of them. Kiran was better than both of the stupid girls.

"Oh yeah..." Realizing, I heard her footstep. I tried to raise but Sana wasn't ready to stand up. The fear in her eyes was enveloping her heart.

"Wait!" I objected to Kiran, glanced at Sana. "I am never going to leave you," locking my finger with hers. "It's a pinkie promise... I will never leave your side. Even if you, yourself ask me for it." I spoked pressing a kiss on her forehead, attempting to shook off her fear. As through earlier, I had planned to leave her behind for her sake but on knowing her past and her love towards me. I knew for her my presence was of uttermost importance. I had never seen a love like hers! She loved me as none could ever!

We were having a conversation in murmurs so none heard it beyond us. I turned myself, in such a manner that I was above her. And raised from the floor, Sana getting up behind me.

"You!" Kiran yelled in horror, but we gazed at her in suspiciousness.