#17: Raghav?

"Why I feel there is more to it, Sid?" Sara's eyes fixed on me, "This separation is forever?" She watched my face keenly, I just gave her a slight nod. Turning the tap once again. 

I sprinkled that water on my face, washing it up. "After what I witnessed yesterday, I don't think it would be safe for her staying along with me. It would be better you take her with you, that will be great of her." I was concentrating on washing off the mud at least was trying to prove the same to Sara. 

"And you think, you will take it? You will be able to take the separation?" She raised a question that I didn't want to answer. 

"I am getting late for office," turning off the tap. I tried to move but Sara holds my wrist, "Sara leave me I am getting late." 

"Whom are you trying to fool, Sid? You are not even able to spell it out from your mouth that you would be fine with the separation," Sara groaned. 

I turned and look at her straight, "I can take the separation. Did you hear me! I can!" I repeated the same word twice. Sara snicker, I signed. "Sara, why you don't understand? It's not about me but her. We have no clue about her past, what if she is married? What if she has someone in her life? Do you think she will be able to forgive herself once she is in her senses? I don't want her to feel guilty for spending time with me as it will break me. I won't be able to..." I trailed off. 

"Aww" I glanced at Sara who was admiring me, "I am so proud to call you my friend. You're a gentleman, Sid. So that she just doesn't have to face any accuse in her future, you want to distance yourself from her. But do you think she is capable of doing it? I have seen her missing you when you were away from her just for a few hours. Distancing yourself can lead to serious consequences, what if she is not able to take it? We have no idea how will she adapt to the changes. She might be grown up physically but mentally she is just a kid of nearly three-four years. Her thinking mud as chocolate, eating it up that all prove it. She might not be able to take the separation."Sara was persisting me to give it a second thought. 

"She will learn, the way a child learns going to school. She too will learn." Rather than telling her, I was assuring myself, I was scared of my feelings which I didn't want to confess in front of Sara as I was confused that what was the weird sensation? 

"A child comes back home after her school but you're also not allowing her that." She pointed out the fact, while I gazed at her. 

"I have no other option," with that I moved inside the mansion. I heard Sana calling me up but I ignored her making my way towards the room. 

I removed clothes from the wardrobe, moving into the washroom. Pulling off my clothes standing below the shower, that hot water calmed me a little. I was confused about my feelings.

The peck which she gave me last night had showered my mind with many questions. I didn't felt like pulling her away, but the thought that she might curse it later in her life pieced my heart. Why the thought that she might be married or love someone broke me? Why it was hurting me? She was just my responsibility, why was she gaining a place in my heart? I knew that this place would only hurt me in the future and I didn't want it to. I might seem a tough guy but was sensitive when it came to my feelings. 

Trusting people and investing emotion came with a lot of courage and it would shatter me down if I would invest with the wrong person. My brain was screaming that this girl would gift me with pain in the future but my heart was yelling to live in present rather than worrying about the future. Like always, I went with my brain and decided to distant away her from me. 

Assuring myself that my decision was correct, I moved out of the shower. Getting into my professional clothes when I opened the washroom door, someone rushed and hug me tightly. Her mere touch and all I felt was peace. Her tight grip on my back was murmuring something in my chest.