#18: You will pay for this

"Raghav?" I muttered, he too knew it? He was lying? What the hell was going on? "Why you lied?" I inquired, for which Purab bend his head. 

"Raghav asked me to, he didn't want to stress you out with the ring. As he knew that I am Guru's friend so he asked me to hide it from him too. He didn't want you to learn about it." I nodded, so that mean Shehnaaz lost the ring. Raghav might have told her that it was made for moti and she knew that what value she holds for me. All this mess! so I don't get to find out the real ring missing. 

"I will take leave." I was not fully convinced of the occurrence. Shehnaaz coming to repair it off, going to the venue, the ring changed to the one with Raghav, then coming to know that ring got broken, she not showing me off, asking Purab to make a completely new ring why was it not making sense?

I got into my car, driving off to the venue. Raghav never lied to me, what if handling me the ring he would speak the truth? I parked the car outside the 'Mountain View' hotel. I saw Raghav's car parked beside mine, he either had arrived a minute back or in rush, I didn't notice the car while hurrying to Purab's place. 

As I got out of the car and walked inside. The first person I glimpsed was the mom and I was going to call her out when I heard Shehnaaz calling me. I turned myself, she was alone. Where was Raghav? I wandered my eyes on the surrounding. No clue of him!

"I was searching for you for long. Then Sara told you were out," she walked towards me. Handling me the bag in her hand, "as I promised your ring is back to you." She sounded anxious, as she was lying. I hate it when she lies to me! 

I took in my hand and was going to move when she holds my wrist. "Are you fine, Sid?" She got concerned, I gave her a blank look. 

"What will happen to me? I am fine." I narrowed my eyes at her and moved from there. I could feel her gaze on me but I didn't glance back. 

I wanted my answer, so instead of making my way towards my room, I landed into Raghav's room. On the second knock, he opened the door. He got alarmed on finding me at the entrance of the room. 

"Sid, you? Do you want something?" 

"I want to talk with you," with that I entered in. Gave him no opportunity to interrupt. 

As I moved in, he closed the door behind me. He was well dressed which was so unlikely of him. He was never an early bird unless he had gone with Shehnaaz. "You got up early?" I questioned him. 

"Yes, the wedding affair is going on so one has no other option." Another lie, why was he turning so disingenuous? I was doing the same, but I had my reasons. 

"Shehnaaz gave me the ring back, she might have got up early." My gaze fixed on Raghav as I spoke. "The ring seems so new as if someone just brought it, Purab is skilled. I mean the ring broke twice but not slight evidence of it." Raghav frowned listening to it but with a second mask it out. 

"Indeed he is genius!" He commented while I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"He is a genius or you both? What is happening, Raghav? Why this new ring?" My jaw clenched. The statement startled him. This came as a shock. 

"Purab told you?" He stuttered, "I have asked him not too. Why couldn't he shut his mouth?" He cursed him. 

"Why you wanted him to shut his mouth?" I gave a skeptical look. 

"Because Shehnaaz wanted it, she didn't want you to know the truth..." He trailed off. 

"Which truth?" I got curious. 

"The truth! That the ring was lost," he hesitated. He was again lying! 

"Raghav! Why the hell are you lying?" It infuriated me, the way he was lying on my face.