#1: Your would-be wife

I gripped my hand on the steering wheel. The moment my eyes landed on the view in front of me. I could pull the break, that relief passed through me. That girl was perfectly fine but staring at me with wide terrific eyes and her palm covering her face. I smoldered out of the car, made my way towards the girl.

That girl seemed to me nearly ten. Don't she know to cross the road at such a big age? I was gritting my teeth in anger. I was all set to scold her, but much to my surprise before I could say a word. She was a turn, and a second later received a slap on her cheek. I had a look at the source, getting astonished.

There was a woman, seemed nearly of the thirties. Wearing a yellow kameez while shalwar was green. That dupatta of hers wrapped around her head, covered it up. That traditional clothing of a woman living in Punjab. She glared at the girl, hold her through her shoulder. That eye of hers shedding tears. That fear developed in her face, the fear of that young girl coming under the wheels.

"I told you to stay behind!" Tightened her grip on that girl's shoulder, "what was the need to cross in a hurry?" She pulled her into a hug, held her close to her heart. Gave herself assurance that she was safe and in her arms. Soon she showered kisses on that girl, finding her safe. Finally came out of the shock and at that moment, she noticed me.

She looked guilty, stood back on her legs. Broke the hug and hold the girl's elbow. "I am sorry for the trouble." She apologized knowing that her child was at fault. I just gave a node and was making my way back to the car when I felt a touch on my knuckles. I turned myself. That was the naïve kid. Her eyes stared at me innocently. She gestured me through her hands to bend down. I first got confused but later understood it. I got myself on my knees and she planted a kiss on my cheek. Her eyes shined with happiness.

"Thank you, bhaiya." That melodious voice and that beautiful smile made me remember her.

That innocent soul in front of me was completely a resemblance to her. Agony passing through me on the realization. A moment over there would make me weaker, I fake a smile to that girl. I made my way towards the Volkswagen, not giving a second glance at them. I was on my destination to Chandigarh, to attend the biggest event of my buddy's life. He was getting married, a decision which I thought he would never take in his life. I was wrong, and he proved to me.

I took my driver seat, putting the engine back to life. I could still find graze of that young girl but had no courage left to have a look. The fear that I would break apart. I was not ready for it and never I was going to be. Was she really resemblance to her? Or was it me who was trying to find her in everyone. This Restraint Love not leaving my heart.

That beautiful and innocent face of that child made me drift back to my memories. That accident took place two years back. Which changed my life forever.

##Past##

A day away from my city feels like hell. The reason I used to hate business trips away from Mumbai. The trip to Chandigarh exhausted me, and I was making my way back to Mumbai. That trip had to turn out to be an enormous mess. The project got canceled and turning up there was just a waste of time. 

With those thoughts occupied in my brain and affecting my mood horribly. I was driving the car. I heard a beep sound gave a glance at the Id, the cell which was lying on the passenger seat. I let out a breath in annoyance; I was not at all in a mood for a conversation. I heard once again the beep, and I knew she would not withdraw unless I answer it. 

I clicked a button on my Bluetooth headset, only to witness a frustrated tone from the other side. "Why on the earth were you not receiving the calls?" She was scolding me, she had the guts to do that.