#11: I can't mom, I can't...

"She is fine too...." My voice came out disappointed. It shocked me that her happiness disappointed me. Happiness to marry someone else. Deep down I thought she might remember me, but that was not the case. 

"Mom, now I too deserve a hug." Came Sara's voice making us break the hug. "I had to look after your son for the entire day." Stressing on the one day as if it was one year. I just narrowed my eyes at her. 

"I can understand beta, it's tough to handle a monkey," Mom spoke wiping off her tears and expanding her hand for a hug. I just stared at them with a stern look. Was she even my mother? Then a sudden realization hit me. 

"Did you just compared me with a monkey?" Turning furious. 

"Correction Sid, she didn't compare you with the monkey but said you're worse than it." Raghav laughed out loud. Soon everyone joined him.

It infuriated me, they were laughing at me. I would move but at that moment my eyes landed on Shehnaaz who had been descending. Accompany one side by Navya and another side by an elderly woman who was wearing a red salwar suit and seemed like she had put on the makeup for the very first time. As she was time again touching her face, she had a handkerchief in her hand trying to wipe it off. A sheepish smile on her face.

"Seems like she is the bride's mother," Neetu di whispered to Preeti di. While she just gave her a node. Seeing them descending Sara moved towards them in a haste, we started at her been puzzled. 

"It is  their ritual that the groom's sister should accompany the bride to the venue." Raghav helped us out with the piece of information. 

"So what are we waiting for?" Neetu di looked at Preeti di, for which she nodded in agreement, and soon they too rushed towards the stairs.

I tried my level best to mask a smile. Mom kept a hand on my shoulder, patting it. I looked at her from the corner of my eye, she just blinked her eyes assuring me that everything would be fine. I gave her a blank look and again stared at Shehnaaz. She was blushing, her eyes fixed on Raghav, I glanced at Raghav who was gesturing her she was looking gorgeous. It infuriated me; I fisted my hand. It was turning out more difficult than I thought it to be. 

Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chaahunga,
Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chaahoonga...

I stepped to move out but Raghav who was standing behind me grab my wrist, a questioning look. "Where are you going, Sid? The function will start." 

"I will come, wait for a second," I said, somehow excusing from there. I could feel his stare as I moved out. I also heard mom whispering. 

"Let him go, he needs it." 

I made my way towards the garden area, staring at the greenery around. I removed the cigarette from my pocket and lighting it up, inhaled. I closed my eyes. I was at peace.

"Smoking is injurious to health." I heard a voice, and I opened my eyes, jerking my head to the direction. Navya was standing there with a beautiful smile on her face. She was wearing a gown of navy blue colour. Her hair tied up in a bun, and a slight makeup on her face. 

"What are you doing over here? The function had already started." It bewildered me, finding her there. 

"The same thing what you're doing." She spoke sarcastically, I started at her keenly. This time I found a hint of sadness. She soon masked it out with a smile, "thinking about your moti, right?" She was pushing her tears back. 

I nodded, staring at her suspiciously. This was the first time I saw pain underlying her beautiful smile. "I know you don't feel for me anything and I won't force you too. I had a habituated of rejection and it is nothing new." Plastered a smile, I smiled at her sadly. We both had been sailing on the same boat.