#6: Moti!

"It reminds me of moti." I chuckled, admiring the beauty of the ring.

I glanced at Raghav, who held a ring in his hand. That sparkling ring, the ring band was of silver. The band had a leaf crafted design. It had a bezel setting, the diamond in the center. That ring looked more elegant than the one in my hand. I had a sad smile staring at the ring of mine. This won't ever wear it.

"So I think both had chosen the ring for their desire partner." The jeweler smiled at us, putting the remaining rings back into the box. "Must say you both have an excellent choice." He was faking a compliment, the trait which the seller usually purchased to impress a customer.

We were not paying any heed to it, "now I will require the size of the bride." For which Raghav removed a ring from his pocket and handed it to him. The jeweler was staring at me, I just gave him a blank expression.

"I don't know her size." Spoke the truth.

"No worries," Guru said and glanced at the jeweler. "Purab, just show me the ring once." Purab handed him the ring. "I had met the girl and maybe I didn't possess this occupation but my father and grandfather did it. So I have it in my blood," raised his imaginary collar. While touching his mustache with pride. "This would perfectly fit the other girl too." He sounded confident. It impressed me! He had skills!

That done we stood to take a leave, I hugged Guru before moving out of the house. Raghav just smiled at him. "It was because of you that the ring is finalized. You had come as a savior, Guru." With that, Raghav too pulled him into a hug.

"That is the least I could do. You're Siddharth paji's friend and he is mine so, in that way, we both are friends too." He winked at Raghav upon breaking the hug.

"Hey, Raghav, thank Purab too as he is the one making it. Guru is taking the credit." I chortle, pulling Guru's leg, for which he just laughed.

"Thanks Purab for such an amazing design, Cupcake would love it." That smile was back on Raghav's face. Relief passed through me. That means that 'Sana' name had no connection with Shehnaaz, but why he went blank for a moment then? The thing which caught my attention was those words that came out of Raghav's mouth. "So you both are joining us for the engagement." He was not inviting rather, ordering! That was Raghav's style.

"What?" I appeared outraged which made them stare at me been astonished.

"He helped me out, this is the least I can do, right?" Raghav sounded bewildered witnessing my strange behavior.

"Correct!... correct... I would tell the same. You spoke it out first, so I got surprised." Another lie, this would be my daily routine. Deep down I was just praying that Guru just denies the invitation. And he heard me!

"I am sorry but would not make it for tomorrow. I am going to Mohali for some work, but I promise I will be there on your marriage." Guru said, patting Raghav's shoulder. He just nodded sadly. That made me sign in relief. A big hurdle passed away!

We soon sat in my car, all set to move back to the hotel. I had just started the engine when Raghav spoke up. "Sid why did you never shared about your moti, with me?" He sounded dishearten. That was the thing upsetting him. That Sara knew about it and Guru too, but he had no clue about her. He might have realized it when Shehnaaz asked him the same. That's why he went all blank when Guru mentioned it.

"You never wanted to know about her." I was trying to escape from the topic. My eyes fixed on the road. I couldn't speak the truth up, nor I wanted to lie to him.

"Because you used to find it uncomfortable, sharing about her to me." My reason vexed him. "Am I not that close to you the way others are?" He had a misunderstanding, and it appalled me. Glanced at him to find him gloomy.