Chapter 1

"Get me another beer, you whore." He said to my mother.

"I don't think -"

"I didn't ask for your opinion, you bitch." He interrupted her.

She quickly ran out the living room, and into the kitchen. She came running with the beer in her hand.

"Don't shake the bottle, are you stupid or something?" He stood up.

I knew what was going to happen next. I got up from the couch, leaving my book behind.

"Come on Fred. Leave her alone." I said.

"Don't tell me what to do you brat. Go away." He said.

"I'll do what I have to. Leave here alone!" I yelled.

"You ungrateful brat. How dare you yell at me!?" He walked over to me.

I backed up in front of my mother. I wouldn't let her get hurt.

The first blow was to my right cheek. I didn't move. Then he punched me in the stomach. I dropped to my knees.

"Get up you slut." He pulled me up by my hair. "You will never learn will you?"

He slapped me again on the right cheek.

"You're a slut just like your mother. You should be dead you whore." He punched my stomach again. "Get out of my sight! Take your slut of a mother with you to your room! I don't want to see you later!"

I stood up as good as I could and pushed my mother up the stairs and into my room. I locked the door and leaned my back against it afterwards.

It was hard for me to breathe. I slowly slid down still against the door. I closed my eyes trying to focus on my breathing. I didn't know where in my room my mother was but I could hear her crying.

I look at the time, 4:53p.m. Shit I'm going to be late. I slowly get up and go into my bathroom to clean up my face. I put on lots of makeup over the big purple bruise. It was hard considering it hurt so bad to barely even touch it.

I grabbed my bag making sure it had my car keys in it.

"Taylor where are you going?" My mother asked.

I didn't answer. Instead I opened my window and grabbed on to the pole beside it, sliding down slowly.

I quietly walked across the yard. Once I was in front of the neighbor's house I ran. It hurt so bad. My stomach was killing me. And I really couldn't breathe.

After running 2 blocks I got to Amanda's house. I quickly knocked. And she opened the door.

"Hey-" She stopped when she saw me. "Again!? Taylor how come you didn't call me?" she pulled me in her house.

"What do you mean again? I don't know what you're talking about." I said.

"He beat you, again! Taylor it's turning into a everyday thing! Report him! Report him Taylor! " She said.

"No." I winced at the pain going through my stomach. "He isn't bad... He just lost his cool... For a bit."

"And now you're going to the bar? What kind of job is that? You're 18, just leave your house. Come live with me." She plead.

I sighed. "It's not that easy Manda. If I run away he will just beat my mother. I've been standing up for her I can't just leave now."

"Yes you can, Taylor. Yo-"

"I said no. I just came to get my car I have to work." I walked towards her garage where my car was.

There it was. My car. I had a 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible. What? It was a classic, and stick shift. I had to save up money since I was 8 years old.