Chapter 48: Dreadful Secrets

Riley turned to see the cold eyes of a Slytherin boy.

"Draco..." she growled, "why am I not surprised— so tell me: firstly, how did you find out it was me, and secondly, what do you think I have?"

The blonde-haired boy smirk. "Well, girly— I'm not Draco, my fathers' name is Draco... I'm his son. Now on to you— you filthy like mudblood..." Riley felt her anger was about to boil over. As she stood up, bunched her hand into a fist, and punched the living daylights out of him.

"Look, you blasted idiot! No one talks to me that way, now ether get back on with this mess of a thing you all seemed to have roped this whole blasted school into or just let me go!" Riley forced out, irritated.

"Well," he retorted, somewhat annoyed. "Firstly, it was quite obvious really— I mean, did you really not see that you were the only one being sorted"

Oh," Riley looked down at her feet.

... and Secondly," he considered. "I reckon that you have some type of Cerebral Palsy, ADHD, or Autism"

"... and, what makes you like that?" Riley retorted,

"Clearly, something has to be wrong with you... I mean, have you looked at yourself lately, your posture's clearly messed up, you've always either got to be doing something or else you're bored out of your mind, and... have you ever had an IQ test done or at least some sort of a Neuropsychological test?"

"Well—" Riley gasped, looking down at her feet; instantly hot flash of struggling to walk began to take shape in her mind— images of her toe-walking began to cloud her Mind. All those years of wearing SMO's and AFO's began to come to light. Sometimes even now she would drag her feet, every once in a while rubbing holes in her shoes. No one had dared ask her question as to why she never looked down, even though the answer was so simple to extract from her mind; and that one thing always seemed to send shivers up her parents' spines "Eh, it just doesn't come naturally to me like it does for you two— and well, other people in general" was always the suitable answer she gave; an early, simple, answer that she could easily pull from her subconscious (in the depths of her mind). "... please don't tell..." Riley begged, turning from the blonde-headed kid back to the headmaster.

"Well, In light of this shocking news I for one can't say I agree... your teachers are each going to have to be notified as well as we'll have to improvise some 'accommodations' for you".